FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those running the 18x8.5 "fan blade" mustang wheels on the 1st generation fusions, from what I've read most are running around a 25mm spacer. My question is did you also use extended studs or no?

I plan on running 245/40/18 and Tein S Techs.

·
Registered
410 Posts
For those running the 18x8.5 "fan blade" mustang wheels on the 1st generation fusions, from what I've read most are running around a 25mm spacer. My question is did you also use extended studs or no?

I plan on running 245/40/18 and Tein S Techs.
Do you think you really need spacing? I thought the '05+ Mustangs were of similar offset to the similar year Fusions.....40 to 44 or so.

Not saying you shouldn't consider spacers by any means...

I purposely bought '04 Mustang Anthracite wheels over the '05+ Mustang Anthracite wheels because of the factory spacing.
The '04's are a 30 offset, which brings the wheels right to the edge of the fenders.
A few more mm's would have been too much, and would have the tires verrry close to being outside the fenders.

BIG no no in my book.

I guess (to me), 15mm spacers applied to stock wheels (2006-2012), should bring the wheels and tires right flush with the fenders. Its up to you if you want to go more.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I read and my understanding was that they were +50 offset. I could be wrong but that was my understanding, leading me to believe from what I read that I would need some sort of spacer to clear on the inside.

·
Registered
410 Posts
From what I read and my understanding was that they were +50 offset. I could be wrong but that was my understanding, leading me to believe from what I read that I would need some sort of spacer to clear on the inside.
From the "Stock Information" thread stickied at the top of the Wheels / Tires section:

16" (Fusion, Milan):
Offset: 40MM
Tire: 205/60R 16 Continental
Rim: 16 X 6 1/2

17" (Fusion, Milan):
Offset: 44MM
Tire: 225/50R 17 93V Michelin Pilot
Rim: 17 X 7

17" (Zephyr):
Offset: 44MM
Tire: 225/50R 17 93V Michelin Energy
Rim: 17 X 7 1/2
The factory '04 Mustang GT rims I bought are a 30mm offset. That brought the rims and tires right to the edge of my '06 Fusion fenders.

14mm diference.
IMO that is perfect.
I have no idea what the 18" Mustang fan blades wheel offset is. Since it is a '06+ wheel, I would think it would be around 44mm, or close to that, since that is what their other factory rims are (approximately).

I guess you won't know till you bolt 'em up.
To me, 25 seems too much. If you can, I'd buy a 25mm set and a 15mm set of spacers, look at them, and send back the set you don't like.

Hope this info helps.
Good luck!

·
Registered
336 Posts
The offset is stamped on all rims on the inside. normally on one of the spokes. usually labeled as ETxx so a 335 offset would like like ET35

go with whatever spacers you like, I have mine right to the fenders on my 2011. total offset with spacers is +29 any more I rub on the inside of the fender lining. stock rims I run a 25mm (17x7.5 +44) summer rims are a 17x8.25 +35 and I run a 5mm spacer with custom extended hub on the spacers and they are great.

moral is run what you like....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know where the offset is stamped and how to read all that. Problem is I don't have the wheels in my possession currently, I don't plan on running a 25mm spacer unless i have to. Once I get the wheels and get it on the lift I'll be able to figure out if I need a spacer and if so how much. Thanks for all the input everyone.

I don't plan on stretching tires or anything of the sort. I have my Subaru for that, I just want it to sit flush and kill a little wheel-to-fender-gap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The spacers I installed have bolts, and the thickness of the spacers used is measured by me. I also calculated the grooves for the wheel internal measurement.
I had BONOSS wheel spacers 20mm on my car for almost 21,000 miles, with no issues whatsoever.
Maybe you can try what I installed.

They can customize the thickness and data that I want, so that I can install new tires with different data, and the customization time is very fast, just 1~3 days.
They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

If you need it in the future, this is their case article.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts