FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a cold air kit from steeda. Has anyone bought one of these? Wondering if it sounds good? Also if you can feed a difference on acceleration?

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=bfox57 link=topic=73559.msg1305169#msg1305169 date=1175466778]
I am interested in buying a cold air kit from steeda. Has anyone bought one of these? Wondering if it sounds good? Also if you can feed a difference on acceleration?

[/quote]
I have 1, with the magnaflow and that sct tune it screams (in the upper rpms) like vtec in a honda. Sounds pretty damn good.

·
Registered
910 Posts
could you upload an audio file? Not a big fan of magnaflow systems and the way they sound (or the cost) but this air intake not only adds 12hp but will modify the sound of the fusion? My car is stock except for KN filter which I don't believe has changed the sound or anything much at all. Would this void the warranty at all? I'm told my KN won't so thats good. I'll probably have to wait till my KN needs re oiling at which time I will claim I need one of these instead :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=73559.msg1305897#msg1305897 date=1175491959]
could you upload an audio file? Not a big fan of magnaflow systems and the way they sound (or the cost) but this air intake not only adds 12hp but will modify the sound of the fusion? My car is stock except for KN filter which I don't believe has changed the sound or anything much at all. Would this void the warranty at all? I'm told my KN won't so thats good. I'll probably have to wait till my KN needs re oiling at which time I will claim I need one of these instead :)
[/quote]

They have to prove the intake caused the problem, if you are worried about it then put your stock stuff back in before you have it tow'd or drive it to the dealership.

Back to the sound. Did you remove your air resonator tube? You should have heard a difference when you did that. The steeda intake you can here sucking air in really well. I don't have anything that would allow me to record an audio clip, other than my cell phone and that wouldn't even be worth it. Trust me it's a nice system. Others on here have audio clips, try searching.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will i need a tune if i only install the intake? I don't want to ruin my engine and i also don't want to spend more for a tune. Could this intake eventually ruin something down the road in my engine

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah you can install just the intake but you won't get as big a boost, 12hp with just intake, add the tun and you can hit 30hp. It won't necessarily cause you trouble but add ons like this tend to be less restrictive thats how they increase performance so more stuff gets through into the engine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=bfox57 link=topic=73559.msg1308211#msg1308211 date=1175568132]
Will i need a tune if i only install the intake? I don't want to ruin my engine and i also don't want to spend more for a tune. Could this intake eventually ruin something down the road in my engine
[/quote]

You'll be fine with the intake only. I'd put big money on it.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I can record a sound clip for you if you would like. But our development Fusion also has a Magnaflow Catback.

Let me know if you are interested. ;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
What's with that? It's just cat sounds.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Funny.

·
Registered
297 Posts
So thats what the 4-cyl sounds like................. glad I got the V-6.... lolololo

·
Registered
910 Posts
:lol:
Thats hilarious

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finally got my cold air intake. It sounds awesome on my V6. Sounds like i got a new exhaust. It also adds a nice bit of power. Highly recommended

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.