FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a week I had to wash my car with some no name brand store bought car wash that looked and smelled decent and lathered nicely. However the water never quite ran off the same.

I usually use Meguirs Gold Class car wash soap, but for a week or two I had to use this other shit because I was broke and it was all I had laying around.

Finally got another commercial sized bottle of Meguirs and noticed the water now sheets off and any spec of water will run off as well. Unlike the last soap, any specs of water would just stay in place on the hood.

Meguirs for Life!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I just bought a bottle of Eagle One detailing spray for $5. I was going to get the Turtle Wax Ice detailing spray but it was twice the price. I'm probably going to be done with the bottle in a few weeks, lol especially because the weather is going to get nasty and I won't be able to wash my car every weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Meguiar's new Ultimate Quik Detailer is great. I use the Zaino Grand Finale and this is comparable. Both will keep water sheeting on your finish long after a wax job. It will extend the protection for your paint.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=FusionFanatic link=topic=92299.msg1804142#msg1804142 date=1193190642]
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=92299.msg1797492#msg1797492 date=1192985349]I am in love with their detail spray![/quote]you might want to see a psychiatrist about that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
[/quote] Jaysen, I talked to your shrink for you, he wants to see you on tuesday. :screwy:

·
Registered
331 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=92299.msg1799257#msg1799257 date=1193066136]
Meguiar's new Ultimate Quik Detailer is great. I use the Zaino Grand Finale and this is comparable. Both will keep water sheeting on your finish long after a wax job. It will extend the protection for your paint.
[/quote]

Meg's UQD is supposed to have "relentless beading" not sheeting. It will sheet on sides because of gravity but it should bead on the horizontal surfaces.

Ultimate Quik Detailer....delivers an incredibly high surface tension which adds protection and causes water to bead relentlessly – wash after wash!....

I have used Meg's Quick Detailer (not Ultimate) and Mothers Showtime. Showtime leaves a slicker surface (more like a spray wax) but they seem to clean the same --bugs, water spots, etc.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Perhaps I used the wrong term. Of course, water will bead on flat surfaces. If you look at the thread below, you will see. Because of the shape of the hood, most water beads don't stay on the surface for long before they start to roll off. With the Zaino Grand Finale, I will have 0 water spots on my car after it rains. I don't recommend using any of these quick detailers to "clean" your car...including the Meguiar's product. These products will prolong your wax interval though.

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=81371.0

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree a quick detailer that should not be used as an all over cleaner in between washes although the market is migrating to products like Optimum No Rinse etc with all the water restrictions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts