FordFusionClub.com banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
klitch, most of the pictures on my original post are from an 08 Milan. The projectors on the 06 and 08 are identical.

That said, a PnP kit will have similar results to the pictures I posted. An EvoX-R retrofit will bolt up right to the factory projector mount and look virtually indistinguishable from the outside (save for a clear lense instead of frosted)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recently bought a HID kit from DDM Tuning. The next day I found some Philips 5000K Halogen bulbs on Amazon.com which were obviouly not as bright as true HID bulbs, but I figured they would look much better than the stock bulbs. I called DDM Tuning to cancel my order but it had already shipped. So now that I am satisfied with how the Philips bulb look and perform, I want to sell my DDM Tuning HID kit. It is brand new. I did't even take the items out of the box. I only opened it to see what was inside. What the whole package includes:

QTY Item Information Item Number Price
1 4700 MicroFarad Capacitor, 25V, Pair Capacitor-4700uF-25V-Pair $5.99
1 HID Kit Wiring Harness HID-Harness $9.99
1 Pair of Mounting brackets for 35W DDM Ballasts HID-Bracket-Slim-35W $2.99
1 DDM HID Kit, 35W, H11, 6000K Bulb Type: H11 Wattage: 35 Watt Bulb Color: 6000K

DDM35W.H11.6000K $29.95

Subtotal: $48.92 Shipping: $15.25 Sales Tax: $0.00

Total: $64.17

I will put the kit up for sale (at a discounted price) on ebay soon.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
If they don't sell, I'd say toss those in for your foglamps (providing you don't do much high beam usage)

Got my 66240CBIs installed and honestly, I'm not impressed. They don't appear as 'white' as I anticipated, even after 30+ hours of burn time. The light being cast is good, comparable to my old 50w. But when you see other cars driving down the road, the headlamps are a cold white light while mine still appears warmer. I don't know if it's because the clear lens doesn't diffuse the blue cutoff or is just reflecting the silvery metal inside or what....

They're still plenty bright and going to be much more reliable than my 50w kit, so I still wager it being worth the money; I won't have to replace the projector every year or so when the chrome fails.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If they don't sell, I'd say toss those in for your foglamps (providing you don't do much high beam usage)

Got my 66240CBIs installed and honestly, I'm not impressed. They don't appear as 'white' as I anticipated, even after 30+ hours of burn time. The light being cast is good, comparable to my old 50w. But when you see other cars driving down the road, the headlamps are a cold white light while mine still appears warmer. I don't know if it's because the clear lens doesn't diffuse the blue cutoff or is just reflecting the silvery metal inside or what....

They're still plenty bright and going to be much more reliable than my 50w kit, so I still wager it being worth the money; I won't have to replace the projector every year or so when the chrome fails.

Really... I have the 66240's and am amazed at the difference. What are u running for ballasts? I'm running Toyota OEM and have to say the regular osrams are amazing so I'm surprised your not happy with the CBIs which are in the 5000K range.

Mine are a warm white (4100K estimate). And give incredible output compared to my morimoto setup

·
Registered
878 Posts
Really... I have the 66240's and am amazed at the difference. What are u running for ballasts? I'm running Toyota OEM and have to say the regular osrams are amazing so I'm surprised your not happy with the CBIs which are in the 5000K range.

Mine are a warm white (4100K estimate). And give incredible output compared to my morimoto setup
I agree. While I had great results with my XB35 + 66240 CBI setup, I am eventually going to put the XB35's in my fogs and order a set of Mitsubishi ballasts (or Denso). Currently, I'd say my lights are whiter than 90% of vehicles I drive by. The folks on HIDPlanet seem to say 250 hours of burn time is the norm.

·
Registered
347 Posts
klitch, most of the pictures on my original post are from an 08 Milan. The projectors on the 06 and 08 are identical.

That said, a PnP kit will have similar results to the pictures I posted. An EvoX-R retrofit will bolt up right to the factory projector mount and look virtually indistinguishable from the outside (save for a clear lense instead of frosted)

So what I see in the very first picture is what I should expect from doing hid in stock Milan? Kind of so-so results?

Would I be best trying to figure out a nice quality halogen bulb? Seems like a set of 4 nice bulbs comes out to half the cost of a budget friendly hid kit

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
So what I see in the very first picture is what I should expect from doing hid in stock Milan? Kind of so-so results?

Would I be best trying to figure out a nice quality halogen bulb? Seems like a set of 4 nice bulbs comes out to half the cost of a budget friendly hid kit
Correct, mediocre but not insanely glaring. It's really up to you on your choice. My decision was partially fueled by the desire for the cold white light, not specifically highest lumens.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I can't remember where my pictures are...
I originally mounted my passenger ballast to the fender bracket and driver ballast to the framerail. When I swapped to the XB35 ballast, the passenger side needed to be squeezed on top of the washer fluid bottle because of the revised design.

On an earlier note, the lamps look whiter now. Still not as bright as I'd like and they still don't have that cold blue look of many modern HIDs... and at the same time my left projector is slightly pointed inward. I'd also like if my hotspots were closer to the cutoff.

I'm going to leave it I think. Hotspots are even and the cutoffs are level.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I can't remember where my pictures are...
I originally mounted my passenger ballast to the fender bracket and driver ballast to the framerail. When I swapped to the XB35 ballast, the passenger side needed to be squeezed on top of the washer fluid bottle because of the revised design.

On an earlier note, the lamps look whiter now. Still not as bright as I'd like and they still don't have that cold blue look of many modern HIDs... and at the same time my left projector is slightly pointed inward. I'd also like if my hotspots were closer to the cutoff.

I'm going to leave it I think. Hotspots are even and the cutoffs are level.

If I remember you have OEM bulbs and morimoto ballasts. Morimoto ballasts don't power OEM bulbs correctly. I have tested this with the 35w and 50w ballasts and the output is noticeably different. I run Denso OEM ballasts right now and the difference is incredible.

The morimotos are much less intense and even the 50w doesn't produce the quality output the the 35w OEM setup does. Also the purple/blue cutoff doesn't exist when using the morimoto ballasts and it does when using the OEMs.

I am running osram 66240s and the output is incredible perfect warm white. Also I noted that the osrams look yellow head on when using the morimoto ballasts and pure white when using the Denso's. This could also be why yours are still "yellow". I believe it was you who posted that.

I'll post some pics later

·
Registered
336 Posts
Your output does look great. I noticed a huge difference between the full morimoto setup, morimoto ballasts and OEM bulbs and the full OEM setup.

Not sure why mine was so night and day different. But the full OEM is incredible when compared to the morimoto setup. At least from what I have seen in my tests.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Very nice. I'll definitely do some comparison tests on the same wall when I do go OEM. The CBIs can't even compare with the morimoto bulbs from my experience so I'd be interested to see what OEM powered CBI'S are capable of. Gotta love great lighting! My favorite mod for sure.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts