FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't get this. With the price of gas as high as it is, a subcompact surely would help Ford. Just look at how many Honda Fit's are selling. The Focus is good, but it isn't that good.

JD Power on the same issue:
The Focus has a fuel economy range of 24 mpg city to 35 mpg highway. Ford is without an entry in the subcompact segment, another area that has seen burgeoning sales, Libby said, showing a 45 percent increase in sales from last now to now. And Ford isn't expected to have a sub-compact entry in the U.S. until 2010 when it introduces the Ford Fiesta, which takes its styling from the Verve concept car.
If the car is ready in 2008, why not launch worldwide in 2008? Or by '09 at least... I can understand the need to ramp up production, but at least get as many as you can to market.

Random article on the Fiesta, Focus and Fusion: http://www.mlive.com/businessreview/annarbor/index.ssf/2008/06/ford_to_boost_focus_production.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford probably wants to create more buzz and anticipation.Nothing like playing on our impatience to create a demand;call it strategic marketing. :) I personally can't wait for the hatch to get here.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
I believe it just takes that much prep time to get it legal in the US. It also has to be inspected for safety, etc. I'm excited though..I kinda want one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts