FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You Guys Like? I Did This With Vht Nitesahdes .i had already had them somked but not completely.now everything is smoked except the reverse light.My Car Is Kinda Dirty Though..Sorry..... :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First One Just Lights On In DAYLIGHT.And Second One With Brake Applied!!Ill get the Night shot when darkness Falls. :shock:

BRAKE LIGHT APPLIED..

·
Registered
840 Posts
did you do a few coats, and wet sand in between? or just apply it with no sanding.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=93021.msg1815531#msg1815531 date=1193607227]
How do you remove the side markers?
[/quote]

Go under the hood, there is one clip that you push together and they pop right out. Go back in the same way.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I was trying that today, but it just wasn't working. I even got a pair of pliers and pinched the clip and still nothing, it just felt like I was going to break it. I tried both sides, from under the hood and from the bulb access hole in the wheel well. I thought I felt a screw holding it in also. Am I just not doing it correctly?

With everything I do to the Fusion, I try to be as careful as possible. I screwed up way too many things in the Contour and made my car even more ghetto every time I tried to make it better.

I already broke the head of a screw that holds the fuel door in place when I was trying to install a fuel door from a Bullitt Mustang. It just seems that everything I touch breaks. :(

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sounds like you are doing it right. I remember it took some effort getting mine in and out. I didn't use the bulb access in the wheel well tho.

·
Registered
297 Posts
What state do you live in???????? the Virginia State Police would have a field day with that car........

...........FWIW........... it looks AWSOME, I wish I could do that with my car........

·
Registered
121 Posts
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=93021.msg1815617#msg1815617 date=1193611153]
I was trying that today, but it just wasn't working. I even got a pair of pliers and pinched the clip and still nothing, it just felt like I was going to break it. I tried both sides, from under the hood and from the bulb access hole in the wheel well. I thought I felt a screw holding it in also. Am I just not doing it correctly?

With everything I do to the Fusion, I try to be as careful as possible. I screwed up way too many things in the Contour and made my car even more ghetto every time I tried to make it better.

I already broke the head of a screw that holds the fuel door in place when I was trying to install a fuel door from a Bullitt Mustang. It just seems that everything I touch breaks. :(
[/quote]

I think the bolts for the gas door are just cheap, I broke one to when I was pulling it off to paint, using minimum force

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=93021.msg1815522#msg1815522 date=1193606865]
did you do a few coats, and wet sand in between? or just apply it with no sanding.
[/quote]
Yea.wetsanded with 320grit first/then applied uhhhhhh i think like 5 or 6 coats evenly.then 4 of clear..i still need to wet sand with 1000 grit and then re apply more clear for an even better shine...it actually looks way better in person...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm not sure this is a good idea. Kinda like putting oil on brake pads. Tail, turn and brake lights are an important safety feature to help other drivers to see my vehicle or to know if I inteend to turn or change lanes or stop.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeloxr that's when the third brake light comes in handy! :lol:
I had tail light covers on my ranger for 2 years, and never had a problem, the cops never cared.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
[quote author=sergioakakobe link=topic=93021.msg1817651#msg1817651 date=1193689373]
Yea.wetsanded with 320grit first/then applied uhhhhhh i think like 5 or 6 coats evenly.then 4 of clear..i still need to wet sand with 1000 grit and then re apply more clear for an even better shine...it actually looks way better in person...
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, looks great! I've been planning this for a while now, but how'd you go about blocking out the reverse lights?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=Geist link=topic=93021.msg1885924#msg1885924 date=1196372256]
[quote author=sergioakakobe link=topic=93021.msg1817651#msg1817651 date=1193689373]
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, looks great! I've been planning this for a while now, but how'd you go about blocking out the reverse lights?
[/quote]

Tape Them UP!! 8)
then after u add clear there wont be a bump between the part u pained and the part u didnt!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yea Serg,

You'll have to throw a clearcoat on those babies...See pic of my Fusion tail light - much nicer shine afterwards!

We also did a new Civic kinda the same way you did the Fusion. VHT Nightshade is really versatile and makes for a really sweet finish.

Steph

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
[quote author=obehave888802 link=topic=93021.msg1925996#msg1925996 date=1197877035]
Yea Serg,

You'll have to throw a clearcoat on those babies...See pic of my Fusion tail light - much nicer shine afterwards!

We also did a new Civic kinda the same way you did the Fusion. VHT Nightshade is really versatile and makes for a really sweet finish.

Steph
[/quote]

How many coats of Nightshade and how many clear are on the Fusion tail light in your picture? Did you sand the lens first? I am looking for a more subtle tint similar to what you have on these, and would like to duplicate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yep - sanded it first with fine grit paper. It's got about 2-3 light coats of VHT Nightshade and 2 coats of clear.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts