FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at snow tires...wondering if 15" will fit over the calipers? This question was asked last year but was buried in a thread and never got answered. 15" wheels will save me some $$$ vs 16" or 17". Lateral grip/performance on dry pavement is not a priority so a 205 or 215/70/15 would work well and are cheap.

I don't have access to any 15's in the 5x114.3 bolt pattern to try it out, otherwise I would.

Thanks
Chief

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up with 16 inch steelies and got winter tires. 215/60/16. Only been in light snow so far - worked great - snow tires in general are simply amazing. After looking at the brake caliper cleareance with 16 inch rims I can say with certaintay that 15 inch rims will not clear the calipers. FYI

·
Registered
702 Posts
chief, maybe just go onto ebay and buy some used steels, bet they'd be cheap. Because i do think a 15" rim would be pushing it even if it did fit. That's what I'd do, so good luck, and let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mechanicboy. I bought the steelies same time I got the tires, no way was I going to run the aluminum rims through the winter.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You're welcome. I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The other week my wife got a flat tire and I really needed the car and I didn't want to put alot of miles on a dummy tire so I headed over my dads house (he's got lots of rims) to find a rim and tire. Since the fusion is a 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern older ford rims would fit. First rim I found was a 14". Needless to say it wouldn't fit. Next rim I picked up was a 15". It did clear the rear caliper but the center hole in the rim was too small to clear the bearing cap on the rear fusion. The 15" rim did clear the back but I didn't check the front. Keep in mind that some old steelies are made different that others. the 14" rim that I picked up initially went over the caliper but there is a big hump in the middle of the rim so that is where the problem came. The 15" was flat in the inside, which helped it fit the rear. I then took my rim off of my old mustang and it stuck out about 2" or so and I couldn't leave that on there so I just left the spare on it and drove the beater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.