FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I hope I’m posting this in the right place. I just purchased a used 2014 Ford Fusion SE EcoBoost back in May 2020, and everything was great up until I noticed a soft thud type of noise coming from the front end (sounds like passenger front to me). It only happens when the car is moving slow at all or moving slow with the steering wheel even slightly turned. I did notice it when I was reversing out of park yesterday too. AND it happens when I’m driving over bigger bumps in the road. This noise is just starting and I suspect it will get worse. Not only that though, I will also notice a clicking sound right when I turn my car on and I initially press on the gas. Then it goes away and I never hear it until I start my car again. I watched so many YouTube videos and I can’t seem to self diagnose this problemor find anyone with similar noises. Am I just being crazy? If anyone has any thoughts to point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful! Is there anywhere I can attach a clip of the noise? Thank you for your help!

·
Super Moderator
5,718 Posts
Hello everyone, I hope I’m posting this in the right place. I just purchased a used 2014 Ford Fusion SE EcoBoost back in May 2020, and everything was great up until I noticed a soft thud type of noise coming from the front end (sounds like passenger front to me). It only happens when the car is moving slow at all or moving slow with the steering wheel even slightly turned. I did notice it when I was reversing out of park yesterday too. AND it happens when I’m driving over bigger bumps in the road. This noise is just starting and I suspect it will get worse. Not only that though, I will also notice a clicking sound right when I turn my car on and I initially press on the gas. Then it goes away and I never hear it until I start my car again. I watched so many YouTube videos and I can’t seem to self diagnose this problemor find anyone with similar noises. Am I just being crazy? If anyone has any thoughts to point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful! Is there anywhere I can attach a clip of the noise? Thank you for your help!
Hi Ava. Unfortunately, participation here on at the Ford Fusion Club has slowed down tremendously in the last few years, as you can see from the scarcity of recent/current posts. I'm about the only regular who still checks in. So it is unlikely you will be able to get much help.

The unfortunate reality though, is that it is nearly impossible to diagnose noises over the Internet. Therefore, your best bet is what I recommended over on the Ford Fusion Forum. Go to at least two shops in your area and get a diagnosis and estimates for the work. Just call or stop by to make sure they will do free estimates, Most independent shops will. If you are not sure what shops to use, ask friends and family for recommendations.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts