FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at getting Sirius radio for my fusion and I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it. I have played around with Sirius in my moms car and I liked it but I can't decide if I want to buy it. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
191 Posts
What kind of Sirius? OEM for direct connect, or something FM modulated like a sportster or something? or maybe just Sirius in general? I dig it, I had the sportster 4 which I took out cause I got a new Pioneer D3, but let me tell you, I miss the sportster, Pioneer is terrible at Sirius, I got a 6" screen and all they can give me is 1 line of txt? Pitiful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have no problems wth Sirius, I have a Sportster 4 and I plug it into the aux plug so I did not have to go with a wired FM mod or use the FM mod that it comes with.

You can see my setup here

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have both OEM in my Fusion and a sportster in my expedition and they both are awesome. Go for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[quote author=MWC link=topic=78811.msg1699238#msg1699238 date=1189261655]
I have both OEM in my Fusion and a sportster in my expedition and they both are awesome. Go for it.
[/quote]

Have you figured out how to enter in the number to go directly to the station instead of holding down the "seek" button?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you talking about the sportster? If so, you press the center button on the circular pad (middle of the up and down arrows) then you enter the number you are requesting. Hopefully this is what you are asking for.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[quote author=MWC link=topic=78811.msg1752997#msg1752997 date=1191308379]
Are you talking about the sportster? If so, you press the center button on the circular pad (middle of the up and down arrows) then you enter the number you are requesting. Hopefully this is what you are asking for.
[/quote]

I was thinking about the Sirius that came with my Fusion. In other words, the factory head unit.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Just find the station you want and hold in whatever # preset you want it to be. I think you hold it in for 2 seconds, or until it beeps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=78811.msg1754719#msg1754719 date=1191376139]
Just find the station you want and hold in whatever # preset you want it to be. I think you hold it in for 2 seconds, or until it beeps.
[/quote]

Yeah, I had that one figured out. But especially when I first got it, I downloaded the list of stations and went randomly trying them out. It was a pain to jump 50 stations when we should have the ability to put in "53" or "88" without having to hold the button and watching to ensure you dont miss it, while driving of course. Just a bad user interface design.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Now I see what you're saying, yeah, that kinda sucks. My radio finally cut off after the 6 month free thing with Sirius, so I went to siriuscanada.ca and saw that people who bought a new ford can get subscription for half price, when I enquired about it, it is if you already have it in another vehicle, then you can get half price. Kind of dumb if you ask me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=78811.msg1756383#msg1756383 date=1191436699]
Now I see what you're saying, yeah, that kinda sucks. My radio finally cut off after the 6 month free thing with Sirius, so I went to siriuscanada.ca and saw that people who bought a new ford can get subscription for half price, when I enquired about it, it is if you already have it in another vehicle, then you can get half price. Kind of dumb if you ask me.
[/quote]

Dumb for sure. :screwy: I do enjoy it, but my commute is too short to have another monthly (or yearly) fee. Mine tends to stay on channel 8 (80's) all the time anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts