FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are the 06-09 single/dual exhausts interchangeable? I would like to turn my single exhaust into the stock dual exhaust look. I know I'll have to buy a bumper cover w/ the dual exhaust cutout, I saw a couple of clean ones at some local junkyards (I know I can cut a hole through the left side of the bumper, but that'll look silly to me.)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
From what I understand, yes. The hangars and everything are already present and the mating connection at the catalytic converter is the same. You would need to purchase the rubber hanger isolators and the rear bumper cover. Unfortunately it looks like you do need the entire bumper. I was under the impression that you could just swap the valence, but that doesn't appear to be true.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is possible. I've done my own. i cut out my bumper temporarily. it does look crappy. but the true duel bumper will look better and clean.

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
Does the 2.3 benefit from having duals?
HI BRF. As far as increased HP/Torque? No.

The choke point in the exhaust tract is/are the catalytic converters. So opening up the rear end of the exhaust (anywhere behind the catalytic converters) by adding a dual exhaust will do absolutely nothing, other than looks and a possible small change in the exhaust sound.

Good luck.

·
Registered
08 2.3L SE
8 Posts
HI BRF. As far as increased HP/Torque? No.

The choke point in the exhaust tract is/are the catalytic converters. So opening up the rear end of the exhaust (anywhere behind the catalytic converters) by adding a dual exhaust will do absolutely nothing, other than looks and a possible small change in the exhaust sound.

Good luck.
Thanks man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts