FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN NOT BE DONE! My plan for after work was to remove my side moldings. To my surprise, ford drilled alignment holes in the door so the ding strip would be straight. So if this is on your list to do, don't waste your time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just shaved my molding yesterday and I thought there was something odd about the way it looked. Now I know - it's the holes!! Just kidding. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry about your findings, but thanks for taking one for the team :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Oh c'mon! Throw some Bondo in there and you're set!! :mrgreen:

But with the shape of car doors today, that strip won't do a thing to protect against door dings.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I already knew about the holes. But that doesnt mean that you cant shorten the molding, or fab a lower profile set. Bondo will work, and MKZ doors should work with little effort.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Removed the moldings, the car looks racey. That sucker is really glued on there. Took about 2 hours to remove all the glue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in Yong-San. The car is getting repainted right now (due to someone keying the car 360) so i can take more photo's this saturday when I pick it up. These are the only side pics i have right now.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=BLACKFU link=topic=80491.msg1495812#msg1495812 date=1182158749]
Removed the moldings, the car looks racey. That sucker is really glued on there. Took about 2 hours to remove all the glue.

[/quote]

So wait, did you have holes there that you filled or just glue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The door, I believe, are the same... so it would be kinda strange that the Milan and Fusion are different with one having holes and the other one does not. :? I might have to check mine now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I was just thinking about this over the weekend and I was going to come in here and ask isf anyone has done it.

BlackFU it looks sweet. Smoooooth as a babies bottom.

Nice work.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I looked at my car yesterday and pulled on the molding a little, thinking about taking it off. But, I said naw. People don't pay much attention to it anyway.

·
Registered
244 Posts
[quote author=BLACKFU link=topic=80491.msg1495833#msg1495833 date=1182164351]
I'm in Yong-San. The car is getting repainted right now (due to someone keying the car 360) so i can take more photo's this saturday when I pick it up. These are the only side pics i have right now.

[/quote]

How did you smooth out your doors? That looks really good.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you all not see the holes in his doors?

·
Registered
135 Posts
[quote author=JCalka link=topic=80491.msg1601933#msg1601933 date=1185935580]
[/quote]

And I thought I was the only one who noticed it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=Dre1015 link=topic=80491.msg1602859#msg1602859 date=1185974407]
[quote author=JCalka link=topic=80491.msg1601933#msg1601933 date=1185935580]
[/quote]

And I thought I was the only one who noticed it.
[/quote]

OHHHHH, now I see!!!!!!!!! :eek4:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I see it now too, thanks for pointing out that subtle fact.

How would one go about filling that? Obviously touch-up paint on the outside, but what about the filler?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Lot of work if you ask me. The only thing I hate about the molding is that I have to wash and wipe around it. Other than that, I like it. I am glad those holes were pointed out!! I would have pulled one of the molding off and saw the holes, and would have been like "What the f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :grr: :mad: :wtc: :cry:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts