FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
[quote author=LFSoccer2k6 link=topic=190225.msg4235068#msg4235068 date=1338488650]
Good write up...my question is where did you get the clear side markers?!?!
[/quote]

Here : http://www.klearz.com/ford.html

·
Registered
250 Posts
[quote author=alexbougie link=topic=190225.msg4235073#msg4235073 date=1338489041]
[quote author=LFSoccer2k6 link=topic=190225.msg4235068#msg4235068 date=1338488650]
[/quote]

[/quote]

much thanks...kinda pricey.

·
Registered
483 Posts
[quote author=LFSoccer2k6 link=topic=190225.msg4235074#msg4235074 date=1338489159]
[quote author=alexbougie link=topic=190225.msg4235073#msg4235073 date=1338489041]
[/quote]

[/quote]

much thanks...kinda pricey.
[/quote]
yes but really like mine ! :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am having the hardest time deciding if I want clear lens with silver housing or clear lens with black housing. I have the Tuxedo metallic black sport btw. Any ideas? I don't want it too smoked or dark looking cause I want to put in an amber LED and have it light up still.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Has anybody ordered just the clear lens?
And or is it easy to remove and replace the lens. There are kinda pricey for four pieces of plastic.
If I could save myself 45 bucks why not try

·
Registered
250 Posts
[quote author=010CaliFusion link=topic=190225.msg4242264#msg4242264 date=1340316447]
Has anybody ordered just the clear lens?
And or is it easy to remove and replace the lens. There are kinda pricey for four pieces of plastic.
If I could save myself 45 bucks why not try
[/quote]
I thought about it and ordered a spare OEM marker on eBay for a few bucks and talked to the guys making the clear one. The OEM is chemically sealed so you have to break or cut it off perfectly and put on the clear lens.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Chemically sealed... Reminds me of my intake. Solution? Ended up chopping it off. Lol
But thanks. I'll see if I can cut it open with an xacto knife before ordering.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=LFSoccer2k6 link=topic=190225.msg4235180#msg4235180 date=1338504844]
I am having the hardest time deciding if I want clear lens with silver housing or clear lens with black housing. I have the Tuxedo metallic black sport btw. Any ideas? I don't want it too smoked or dark looking cause I want to put in an amber LED and have it light up still.
[/quote]

What color did you go with? Post a picture if you wouldn't mind. I have the same dilema. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK guys and girls, Here is a walk through of how to remove your side markers. Take your time dont get in a rush... and Be gentle dont break any tabs off you will need them when you put your car back together.

Step one remove the 3 push pin holders in the wheel well.
I hope fordsoldier doesn't mind, I'm reposting this as a reply just so all the images will pop up. A friend and I are going to put my smoked sidemarkers in today.

OK guys and girls, Here is a walk through of how to remove your side markers. Take your time dont get in a rush... and Be gentle dont break any tabs off you will need them when you put your car back together.

Step two remove the five 7mm bolts from the bottom scroud and let it hang as shown, gives you more work room... work smarter not harder...

Step three find the four tabs holding the fog light chrome bezel. hard to see in this picture but the picture of the bezel removed you will see where to look for the tabs

Here is a shot of the front of fog light after bezel is removed, to will see where to look for the locking tabs that hold the bezel to the front of the car.

Here is a shot of the back of the bezel to see the locking tabs.

now that you have the bezel removed you have access to front retaining bolt for side marker, the bolt is a 7/32

now you locate the 10mm nut on the plastic stud.

10mm bolt removed

Push on plastic stud on back of side marker and your side marker is removed

You will have to reuse the locking clip from your oem lights on the ends of the new lights.

And repeat on the other side.

Hope this helps I know having this would of help me so I hope I was able to help anyone looking to replace there side marker lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pics?

Step two remove the five 7mm bolts from the bottom scroud and let it hang as shown, gives you more work room... work smarter not harder...

Step three find the four tabs holding the fog light chrome bezel. hard to see in this picture but the picture of the bezel removed you will see where to look for the tabs

Here is a shot of the front of fog light after bezel is removed, to will see where to look for the locking tabs that hold the bezel to the front of the car.

Here is a shot of the back of the bezel to see the locking tabs.

now that you have the bezel removed you have access to front retaining bolt for side marker, the bolt is a 7/32

now you locate the 10mm nut on the plastic stud.

10mm bolt removed

Push on plastic stud on back of side marker and your side marker is removed

You will have to reuse the locking clip from your oem lights on the ends of the new lights.

And repeat on the other side.

Hope this helps I know having this would of help me so I hope I was able to help anyone looking to replace there side marker lights.
I know it's a bit old, but anyway I can still get these pics? I need to fix my side markers this weekend.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts