FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and girls, Here is a walk through of how to remove your side markers. Take your time dont get in a rush... and Be gentle dont break any tabs off you will need them when you put your car back together.

Step one remove the 3 push pin holders in the wheel well.

Step two remove the five 7mm bolts from the bottom scroud and let it hang as shown, gives you more work room... work smarter not harder...

Step three find the four tabs holding the fog light chrome bezel. hard to see in this picture but the picture of the bezel removed you will see where to look for the tabs

Here is a shot of the front of fog light after bezel is removed, to will see where to look for the locking tabs that hold the bezel to the front of the car.

Here is a shot of the back of the bezel to see the locking tabs.

now that you have the bezel removed you have access to front retaining bolt for side marker, the bolt is a 7/32

now you locate the 10mm nut on the plastic stud.

10mm bolt removed

Push on plastic stud on back of side marker and your side marker is removed

You will have to reuse the locking clip from your oem lights on the ends of the new lights.

And repeat on the other side.

Hope this helps I know having this would of help me so I hope I was able to help anyone looking to replace there side marker lights.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Wow, thanks for doing that!!! I'm still a bit confused but it looks manageable. I hope. Cool!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mutnat I sent you a PM I will try to help you out where you are confused. Just take your time it was pretty easy to take apart. I wanted to do this to help people out.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I tried this a long time ago. I gave up because the locking bezzels on the chrome trim are harder to remove than it looks.
I will try again.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Mods, Sticky this! :lol:

Great write up! Finally someone took the time to take pictures and record their process for everyone else. Thanks Mike! :goodjob:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sweet!! This writeup will help me with 2 of my mods. replacing the fog bezel with an SEL one, and putting in the new sidemarkers!

Thank you SO much for this!
Mods! We need some sticky stat!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
[quote author=fordsoldier link=topic=190225.msg4014858#msg4014858 date=1304629096]
Hey guys just a heads up This how to, will also be found on the Klearz website.
[/quote]

:goodjob:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hey soldier, I hope you don't mind, but I took your directions and turned them into a PDF that is easy to print. I found trying to print the thread wasn't working very well for me. I also lightened up a few of the pics to make them easier to read and edited the text a bit here and there. I thought I'd post it here for anyone else that needs it.

Side_Marker_Removal_walk_through.pdf

Cheers!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well, I attempted this today. Hot damn is it ever a pain in the neck....literally! I got as far as taking the 5mm bolts out and trying to release the clips on the back of the chrome fog light rings and I couldn't get them to budge (the ones i could reach). And now I'm left with a cramped hand and a cramped neck. Literally, a pain! I'm gonna have to find someone to do this one for me!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mutnat,

On the tabs that hold the chrome bezel surround the 4 tabs that hold it in( the plastic bumper tabs), take a small screw driver with one hand and GENTLEY pry them forward as you take your other hand and pry on the tab to the chrome bezel

Hope that helps

also, Good job on the PDF...

·
Registered
888 Posts
[quote author=fordsoldier link=topic=190225.msg4031495#msg4031495 date=1306203792]
Mutnat,

On the tabs that hold the chrome bezel surround the 4 tabs that hold it in( the plastic bumper tabs), take a small screw driver with one hand and GENTLEY pry them forward as you take your other hand and pry on the tab to the chrome bezel

Hope that helps

also, Good job on the PDF...
[/quote]

Thanks man. Did you hoist the car up at all? That might help to jack up the corner being operated on. It was so awkward trying to reach underneath and such. At the least, it made me wish I was skinny and agile (neither of which are descriptions that fit me, LOL).

·
Registered
888 Posts
Oh one note for people attempting this: in step 1, the way you get those plastic pins out is to pry the center part out first (there's even a little indent in the outer ring where you can slide in a flat-headed screwdriver to pry it) and then the outer clip part just pulls pretty much straight out. It will feel like you're breaking the center piece when you pry it out, but you're not.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
[quote author=Mutnat link=topic=190225.msg4032027#msg4032027 date=1306263250]
Oh one note for people attempting this: in step 1, the way you get those plastic pins out is to pry the center part out first (there's even a little indent in the outer ring where you can slide in a flat-headed screwdriver to pry it) and then the outer clip part just pulls pretty much straight out. It will feel like you're breaking the center piece when you pry it out, but you're not.
[/quote]
A pair of needle nose pliers helps to pull the outer plug out once you get the centre pin removed. And be ready for sand, dust and dirt to fly at your face!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts