FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Fusion V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 06 sel 3.0 about 3 years ago and have since put 30k miles on it. I'm wondering if I should drain and refill the fluid and change the filter? I have no issues, but want to keep the car in good health. Should I do it without knowing if it's been done at all up to this point or leave well enough alone? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
I got my 06 sel 3.0 about 3 years ago and have since put 30k miles on it. I'm wondering if I should drain and refill the fluid and change the filter? I have no issues, but want to keep the car in good health. Should I do it without knowing if it's been done at all up to this point or leave well enough alone? Thanks
Hi mantis. Change it. And use the proper transmission fluid as detailed in your Owners Manual.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree change it and see if it’s already dark brown or turning black. I have a 2016 fusion with 47k and it was dark brown. I changed my fluid twice and now I have the reddish color now but there is still some brown mix to it. I’ll change it again at 60k and that should get it back to completely red or close to it. After which 30k intervals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely change it if you haven’t already, don’t flush it, just do a drain and refill, every oil change until it’s clean, make sure you use the specific transmission fluid, for instance I have the five speed automatic and it was kind of difficult to find the exact fluid which I ended up getting from a Mazda dealer online. However since you have the six speed automatic it would be different than what I use. You could even use a little Lucas transmission fluid conditioner when you change the oil to keep the seals in tiptop shape and smooth out any hard shifts, it can be used as a preventative measure and will not disturb your transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts