FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today at work i went to leave put my car in reverse it backed up just fine put into drive and it automatically went back into park and there was a message on the dash saying shift system service required see owner's manual well i don't have the owner's manual it still won't go into any gear other than park there wasn't anything leaking from my transmission no shifting issues literally nothing it just out of the blue did this does anybody know what this is and is it a lot to fix it i called every dealership in town and nobody can get it in for 2 weeks and i need my car asap

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
158 Posts
What year? 2017+ with the dial shift? A year affected by the shifter grommit failing?

I would guess that if you are mildly mechanically able to look under the hood, I think no matter what year (2013+) and engine (except maybe the 2.7 GTDI) that the shift cable connection to the transmission is pretty easy to spot and see if it is disconnected/broken, and can be a $5 part. There are youtube videos that show it.

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
158 Posts
Your owners manual wouldn't help in this case, and you can download an electronic copy of it though.

Be sure you are using your parking brake when you think it is in park, and if you do work on it. Again, is probably a $1 part and 5 minutes work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts