FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if a shark fin antenna can be put onto our car? Don't like the look of the antenna.
Any information would be helpful.

Thx

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I dunno - I kicked around the idea of a shark antenna and think that my final consensus was that I am glad I decided against it. I rather like the whole "looks like I don't have an antenna" concept, although sometimes I do get crappy reception in traffic. That is more the exception than the rule though.

There are dummy antennas on Ebay that you can buy, but color code may not match up exactly if you have them paint it. Are you talking about a FUNCTIONAL antenna, like as in you're going to have to redirect the rear glass antenna line to the shark fin?

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=93429.msg1825829#msg1825829 date=1193957254]
Didn't know the Fusion had an antenna...
[/quote]

Hi all. :wavey: Yes, some Fusions do have a roof antennae, according to the model year and JOB #. And that goes for Sirius or non-Sirius equipped models.

My neighbor has a 2007 SEL (which I helped her purchase), no Sirius Radio option, and it has a roof antennae. She ordered it in September and purchased it in October of 2006

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I've got the roof antenna and was wondering about the shark fin antenna too. The MKZ has one on their roof, but I haven't gotten around to looking into it much. I kinda would like one that looks a little more like the Lexus ones, as long as it would work with the sat. radio.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=93429.msg1828643#msg1828643 date=1194053033]
I've got the roof antenna and was wondering about the shark fin antenna too. The MKZ has one on their roof, but I haven't gotten around to looking into it much. I kinda would like one that looks a little more like the Lexus ones, as long as it would work with the sat. radio.
[/quote]

Hi kevjur. :wavey: I have a 2007 MKZ (build date 11/11/06, no Sirius Radio, no Navigation System) and it does not have a shark fin antenna, or an old style roof antenna. My cars radio antenna is in the rear window glass.

I checked the Lincoln website, and it states that the radio antenna is hidden in the glass for 2008 also.

The "Shark Fin" on the MKZ is either for the Sirius Radio, or it is for the GPS in the Navigation System.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Yeah, didn't even think about the navigation system, that's probably what it's for. I'll ask the guy that owns the one that I saw the antenna on , probably on monday.

·
Registered
840 Posts
yeah i have an 06 fusion with no antenna.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts