FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking around for a shop for I could switch to my Eibach springs and they are all charging me between $300 -$350. I wish I could do it my self but I have no knowledge. Some even told me they need a special tool to remove the springs from the back tires. :?: I don't even have any connections with people that know somebody in the car repair bussiness. Sucks big time!!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Well, unfortunately, changing the springs yourself can be a PITA even if you know what you're doing. Also, that's probably about the rate you can expect to pay for it...you're not getting gouged. I've even seen some pay higher. I work for an auto parts store and we have commercial accounts with a lot of the local shops and I just called one of them and they charged me two hours labor (140.) to install mine...it was well worth it. I had my car in at 9 am and done by lunch. But I know I got a decent deal...good luck. See if you can find anyone you know that knows someone who owns a shop. You'd be surprised.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Seeing that your around chitown. I'd help you do it if it weren't for me having to get rid of most of tool collection before I joined the service. Yeah, a good shop is hard to find, but if you keep looking around, and asking around, you might find someone willing to do it for $100 less than that. But your in the right ballpark as far as prices.

·
Registered
135 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=79943.msg1474217#msg1474217 date=1181421640]
I been looking around for a shop for I could switch to my Eibach springs and they are all charging me between $300 -$350. I wish I could do it my self but I have no knowledge. Some even told me they need a special tool to remove the springs from the back tires. :?: I don't even have any connections with people that know somebody in the car repair bussiness. Sucks big time!!
[/quote]

Too bad you're not in Indy. I just put a set of springs on a Focus for 100$. It's not hard to do. You just need a few hand tools and a floor jack and stands and a spring compressor you can rent fron Autozone for free. Took me 3 hours plus putting in an o2 sensor. Second set i've done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts