FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around 9:40 PM EST tonight (Jan 8) I performed a server reboot from which the server did not, for some reason, recover. At about 10:45 a hard reboot was done by the datacenter.

Then, at about 11:10 the server went down again for about 20 minutes. This was actually a good thing - it was for a hardware upgrade. We are now running on twice as much RAM as before - so hopefully we'll have fewer problems in the future.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... this was unlikely to be a hardware problem. Slowness = hardware... but constant crashing like the past couple hours is more likely software, another thing which we will be addressing in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
thanks for the update...i was wondering what happend.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The more I look into this, the more I think it was our forum software (phpBB) that caused it. I've closed a "critical" security hole, and the problems seemed to have stopped.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
ya i think it was something with the software cuz i got a message mentioning something about the phpBB

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
this problem has happened to me twice since this reported incident. one just happened a few minutes ago. a blank page would come up with:

phpBB error
cannot connect to server

any idea if the problem might be on my end?

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
i am also experencing problems with the header

?>
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mazda3/public_html/includes/def_tree.php:4521) in /home/mazda3/public_html/viewtopic.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mazda3/public_html/includes/def_tree.php:4521) in /home/mazda3/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 553

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mazda3/public_html/includes/def_tree.php:4521) in /home/mazda3/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 555

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mazda3/public_html/includes/def_tree.php:4521) in /home/mazda3/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 556

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I think mz6zoomzoom was messing with some code - it's fixed now

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Oricle said:
this problem has happened to me twice since this reported incident. one just happened a few minutes ago. a blank page would come up with:

phpBB error
cannot connect to server

any idea if the problem might be on my end?
I just got the same error.. has happened a couple times today.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, its been happening a few times a day for the past like... week. We're still looking into it. Not sure why at this point.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Yeah, its been happening a few times a day for the past like... week. We're still looking into it. Not sure why at this point.
I know the reason..

If you look closely you can see his "to do list" on his hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts