FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, ford went on the cheap with the analog clock in the center of the Fusion's dash. Ford should partner up with ANY clock or watch maker to produce an upgrade or replacement. Heck, I've got a Casio G with a prettier face! Ford could sell it for 60 to 70 bucks to guys like me for sure, which would easily cover the cost... Plus, what company wouldn't want their brand name displayed in the most visually available location in every Ford Fusion SEL?

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=MParrott link=topic=31735.msg443892#msg443892 date=1129568995]
Man, ford went on the cheap with the analog clock in the center of the Fusion's dash. Ford should partner up with ANY clock or watch maker to produce an upgrade or replacement. Heck, I've got a Casio G with a prettier face! Ford could sell it for 60 to 70 bucks to guys like me for sure, which would easily cover the cost... Plus, what company wouldn't want their brand name displayed in the most visually available location in every Ford Fusion SEL?
[/quote]
MParrott,

That's a very good idea. Maybe some enterprising entrepreneurs read this forum. They would have two sales already: You and me. Placing an analog clock in the center of the dashboard was a pretty nifty idea, actually. It just wasn't very well executed.

Boz

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=31735.msg1135158#msg1135158 date=1168035904]
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=31409.0 This guy retrofitted the Lincoln clock. I think it looks much better.
[/quote]
Chris,
Thanks for the heads-up and the link. I was in the right church but the wrong pew. I don't think I've got the time, patience or money to make the Zephyr changeover, but agree that it looks better than the stock Fusion clock.

The real problem is that Ford made a bold decision to stick an analog clock in the dash, but why not spend 50 cents more per unit to make it look nice. Heck, they probably could have cut a deal with Timex or any clock manufacturer (free advertising) and come up with something really distinctive and classy.

Now that would have been thinking outside of the box. Ford, instead, only took half the journey. In retrospect, not such a smart move.

Boz

·
Registered
910 Posts
Agreed. I'm a big watch/clock guy, I appreciate they did it at all but it isn't a very good clock. A hamilton or movado would be nice but maybe to expensive so perhaps an inexpensive brand model like seiko or something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts