FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get the sel chrome window trim that runs along the bottom of the window? And also has anybody tried to take theirs off? Is it easy? Any response is appreciated.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I see where you already replied to the thread from the guy wanting black trim. You should work out a trade. The trim is very easy to remove. Look inside the door, and you'll see a screw near the top that holds the trim in place. Just remove the screw and the trim will slide out. There's one screw per door. It's also easy to re-install.

·
Registered
103 Posts
you may also be better off just buying the outer belt mouldings from the dealer, they are not that expensive. If they are anythingf like the Taurus ones they break taking them off anyways.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've taken mine off a couple of times (I painted them) with no problems. The chrome is connected to a thick piece of rubber molding that seems pretty substantial. But like AJP said, the dealer may have them cheap enough to make that the best route.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I think I was confusing everbody. I've never seen any of the trims that were made of a hard material ( assuming plastic) except for the chrome ones. Mine are rubber. Are you saying that I can just buy the chrome covers to go over top of them? Or am I confusing myself? :?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wasn't sure what the black ones were made of, since I have (had) the chrome. I thought they may be black metal but it sounds like from your last post they are just rubber. My original response was to find someone that didn't like the chrome and wanted black. Since you have the black and want the chrome, you might be able to trade. I'm not aware of any plastic chrome strips that you can just apply to the rubber.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think its possible to just by the sel chrome trim from the dealer? Does the chrome have a rubber piece under it?

I'm wondering if the chrome trim would just on top of my rubber strip? Now I'm curious if I even have the screw that holds the trim down. I have to wait until my car gets back so I can check it out.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The SEL chrome appears to integrated into the molding. When I removed mine, the entire piece of molding came off (chrome, weather stripping, etc). It doesn't look like the chrome is just stuck on the moulding, but built into it. I haven't seen the non-SEL trim, so I don't know how they compare. I'd certainly go by the dealer and just see. Also, you may try to locate the guy from www.partscheap.com- I've seen him post on here. He will probably know as much as the dealer (since he is a dealer). I can't think of his username though.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats where I got my fog light inserts and my floor mats from. I didn't see anything listed on his site for this specific trim but maybe he knows something.

·
Registered
178 Posts
has anyone got that item from ebaY?

chrome trim that just fits over the rubber with 3m tape?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts