FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know about 2 months ago I ordered 50 square feet of FatMat (bastards) for around 80 dollers and got ripped off. Never recieved product.
So last week I ordered 40 square feet of Secondskin from www.secondskinaudio.com for a 100 dollers. Installed it yesterday and finished it today and still have about half left. This stuff takes forever to install. Very easy just time consuming.
Well all the rattles from my sub are gone except from the bottom fenders, dont know how to fix that, cant get to them from the trunk. here are some pics.

Over all this is an awsome product! Sticks great and very easy to work with. Much Much better then dynamat extreme.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nice job! I did my trunk with Damplifier in about an hour & 1/2. The toughest part was sqweezing my fat ass in the trunk. :lol:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Great job. I've read really good things about SecondSkin. There are many cheaper (and better) alternatives to Dynamat.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'll be doing a similar install, but I'm using ED v1se. Similar stuff, just alternatives to overpriced Dynamat. I got 40sqft as well, but I plan on covering a lot more than you did. I want to do the whole trunk area, plus eventually the doors, under the rear seat, etc. Its going to take time, that's for sure...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on covering everything, just work takes up all my time. So when I get a day or two off I will finish. :lol:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great job Tweek, definitely a time consuming job but looks like it was worth it. Personally I would love to do all of my doors but am a bit worried that they won't fit as snuggly going back on compared to when I first take them off.

Happy noise free driving!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Fusion4You.

Actually when I did the doors on my F-150 the panel went back on no problem. This stuff isnt very thick at all, so you should have absolutely no problem. Dont know about you but my doors rattle a little when the sub hits, so the doors are next.

·
Registered
135 Posts
how do you uninstall and reinstall the carpet on the underside of the trunk lid?

·
Registered
338 Posts
theres a special took to pop out the push plugs, but a fork or a fork-like item can pop them without damaging them. to OP good job on the trunk. im making plans still on my deadener, but im still waiting for my test samples to come in lol. they had issues with the original prototype so they beefed it up a bit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So you just pry them off? do they just pop back in?

·
Registered
982 Posts
yes, the sides of the 'plug' are ribbed to grab the metal. they can be a pain to get out, especially the ones that sit down into the recessed areas, but they go back in very easily. Also, if you break one or mess it up too bad, Advance/Autozone carry them in packs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
how many sq. feet would you need to do just the trunk lid?

·
Registered
473 Posts
nice work! I love their products, kills the rattles and I got noticable db improvement.

Kentucky - discount auto has the plug remover for less then 10.00. I also found that if you shove a pen in the hole and give it a twist, it opens the hole right back up.

fusion4u - the doors are held on with mainly all screws and will go right back on.

·
Registered
982 Posts
[quote author=tdc3187 link=topic=89514.msg3870929#msg3870929 date=1291076194]
Kentucky - discount auto has the plug remover for less then 10.00. I also found that if you shove a pen in the hole and give it a twist, it opens the hole right back up.
[/quote]

Huh? not sure if yours is different, but my trunk panel was held in with these types:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I rolled the second skin right over the holes that those plugs inserted into. At first i was trying to use a razor blade to get the holes opened back up, but i thought it looked like crap. Then I shoved an old pen in the holes and twisted the pen a couple of times and the holes were back to normal. When your done just throw the pen away and enjoy your work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.