FordFusionClub.com banner

Sebring was a mistake!

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  HALOREALM 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Here is the translation.

June of 2007. The newspaper Detroit News, obtained an internal document of Chrysler, where they admit that in the case of the Nitro and Sebring (Cirrus in Mexico), the company/signature judged bad the market, reason why both exponents do not fulfill the quality requirements that demand the market at the moment, apparently the reason was that the models took much in arriving at the market, reason why when they managed to make his appearance before the consumer, the industry already had released exemplary more robust and competitive than these that Chrysler released.

The document, originating of a session Q&A demonstrates that to the interior of the North American company/signature, also there is much displeased by new products, where insisted on the evaluation made by the magazine Consumer Reports.

The spokesman of Chrysler Rick Deneau, admitted the veracity of the document, arguing that never had to become public, but that the mark is working to forced marches to improve the deficient aspects of these two vehicles.

The vehicles Nitro and Sebring, have been very badly received by the specialized press and the market in general. The reality for Chrysler is that they are not to the height in terms of quality of joint, materials, motors, vibrations and noise. The document does not mention anything of other products like the Avenger that shares great number of components with the mentioned Sebring.

#5 ·
The Nitro is hideous. I don't know why Dodge/Chrysler continues to make those stupid wagony boxes. The Nitro and all those other vehicles that just look the same. The Sebring always was a big mistake. There should be no reason you have to take off a wheel to replace your battery. Some of the Sebrings were like that. There are a couple of Dodge/Chrysler vehicles I really like then there are quite a few I just think wtf.

#6 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=81507.msg1516746#msg1516746 date=1182825626]
... There should be no reason you have to take off a wheel to replace your battery. Some of the Sebrings were like that.
[/quote]

Are you serious? What an engineering goof.

#10 ·
My little brother just bought a Nitro. Of course he's a Mopar or No car kind of guy. We'll see how it stands up in the real world. He's fairly hard on vehicles and drives about a 150 miles a day for work. I gaurantee you, if it will break, he'll break it. Will be interesting to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.