FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright in most cars I've owned I remove these and usually its a fuse in the fuse box but this car is new so can I do this without messing anything else up? Which fuse do I remove? Its very annoying thanks guys (I wear my belt but can't always get my passengers to)

R

·
0 Posts
(I wear my belt but can't always get my passengers to)

SOLUTION

put a gun to their head

seatbelts save lives period

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Straight from the 2006 owners manual. You can just do it for the passenger seat if you want to. If not.... Obviously you have to do this twice.... once in the drivers seat.... and once on the pass seat.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT
START THE ENGINE)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1
minute)
• Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt
warning light turns off.
3. For the seating position being disabled, at a moderate speed, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending in the unbuckled state.
(Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt
warning light turns off.)
• After Step 3, the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three
seconds.
4. Within 10 seconds of the light turning on, at a moderate speed, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable the BeltMinder feature for that seating position if it
is currently enabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will
flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
• This will enable the BeltMinder feature for that seating position if it
is currently disabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will
flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the
light off, then followed by the safety belt warning light flashing 4 times
per second for 3 seconds again.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=74052.msg1317980#msg1317980 date=1175945780]
(I wear my belt but can't always get my passengers to)

SOLUTION

put a gun to their head

seatbelts save lives period
[/quote]

I agree 100%... I have 1 passenger that is just a pain in the ass with seatbelts. He will sit there and bitch about the belt dinger, and I just let it go. (ding,ding,ding) I figure maybe someday he will get the damn hint.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks chris. Sometimes they put it on to stop the dinging sometimes they don't. This same driver also smokes in my car though I insist he not do so, problem is he's my old man. No way in hell I wouldn't wear mine. I force anyone under 18 to wear a belt in my car. Wow that sounds kind of annoying to do compared to just removing a fuse or something. I shall try it though

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you could also just buckle the belt and unbuckle the belt too if you didn't want to disable the seatbelt system or go through all the steps. I disabled the seatbelt on driver and passanger sides but ended up turning it back on because it would force anyone who wanted to use my car who got annoyed easily by the dinging noise to put the seatbelt on. I used to have a problem with the seatbelt system too but I just started to use it because not only is it safer, but in my state you could also get stopped for not wearing your seatbelt and $50 tickets add up pretty quick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to turn mine off because it will beep with the seat belts plugged in... And it happens most when I have people in the back seat... I thought the sensor didn't pick those up...

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
I'm trying to turn mine off because it will beep with the seat belts plugged in... And it happens most when I have people in the back seat... I thought the sensor didn't pick those up...
Hi Zombeatz. The instructions can vary according to model year and you do not mention what model year your Fusion is. However, whatever your model year, you can find the instructions for disabling the seat belt warning chime in your Owners Manual.

I have no idea why the warning chime is going off for rear seat passengers.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts