FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I there a test or visual inspection you can do to tell if your seat belt pretensioners are bad from am airbag deployment?

·
Registered
331 Posts
If your airbag light isn't on then more than likely they are ok. When they are deployed the internal resistance changes causing fault codes in the restraint control module which will illuminate the airbag light.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the RCM out of the car right now because I just got it reset and I don't want to put it in until I find out if the pretensioners are bad. Thanks for you advice so far

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well if your airbags were deployed the RCM must be replaced and unfortunetly the new RCM is blank so you'll have to have the dealer program it. If the pretensioners are bad they won't damage the RCM just set a DTC and light on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the RCM wiped and reprogrammed and Just got it back and happend to think of the seat belt pretensioners. I visually inspected them and they seem to look like nothings every happend? Do anyone know a test I can do to inspect these before I pop my RCM back on and it throughs a code? Thanks for your comments so far

·
Registered
108 Posts
In experience most of the time if there is air bag deployment you must replace the RCM and Pretensioners along with whatever crash sensor was triggered. In order for air bag deployment to happen it has to get a signal from all the above thus they are toast once they go off. Like cisco said once you put RCM in you'll prob see the light flashin at you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts