FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Fusion SE with the 6 speaker Premium system has the plugs for the Audiophile system (amp, subwoofers, Head Unit) etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure about the amp but I just had Ford replace my premium for an audiophile and it works just fine. I have 6 speakers and all work along with the steeringwheel controls. All is good now.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mow10s, did you just replace the head unit, or the full system. The premium has 6 speakers (4 doors, 2 tweeters in a pillar), the Audiophile has 8 speakers (same as Premium but 2 woofers in the rear deck). I thought I read somewhere else the Audiophile had an external amp that powered the 2 woofers- but maybe I'm mistaken.

CraigSE- if you want to upgrade your Premium, I would suggest you add a subwoofer/amp and upgrade to higher quality speakers in the doors. That's what I did and I'm very pleased with it. My $.02 worth :D

G

·
I have the premium audio...and compared to my moms ford 500 audiophile system....my car's stereo system kicks her system in the ass, but the again I do have two big ass 12"inch subs. But even with bass beat, my highs are crisp, crisper then my Infinity's that I had in my last car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The 6 Disc premium setup is 6 speakers: 2 tweeters in the pillar, 2 speaker sin the front door and 2 speakers in the back door.

The Audiophille setup is an 8 speakers: Same as the 6 disc with 2 more added speakers in the rear deck and an amp. The amp in the rear deck has a crossover to only send lows to the rear deck speakers. There is also a few extra bonuses in the radio such as setting up your soundstage.

If you are planning on upgrading to the audiophille setup from the 6 disc, you still have to run all your wires to the back deck. You also have to install an amp.

You would be better off doing what MING321 said by purchasing some upgraded speakers for your fronts or getting a sub. The cost of that will probably be less too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info but what do I use to run the Subs off the current 6 speaker system? I am not sure what hardware I would need.

and would you mount the sub's in the 6x9 deck?

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
To answer your question CraigSE, you've got a couple of options. First is using speaker level inputs to connect your head unit to your amp (your amp must have speaker inputs) or you can use a speaker to line level/RCA converter (all amps have line level/RCA inputs). I chose the converter to connect my head unit to my sub & amp. I bought a sub in an enclosure, and placed it in the trunk. It really doesn't take up much room, as it sits back against the rear seat. Go to the below link to see what I'm talking about. I think I paid about $65 to have the sub and amp professionally installed, and it was worth it. Since then, I've added another amp and I was able to figure out how to connect everything by "reverse engineering" what the professional had done. I also used some wiring diagrams available at Crutchfield.com. I hope this helps

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2381744/2

·
Registered
359 Posts
Unless you know what you are doing have it professionally installed. I had a hell of a time just getting my cables hidden; i would of paid $100 just to do that... but i had a 12 pack of beer and a whole day to work on installing my sub but i knew what is was doing and had plenty of breaks ;).

Here is a good budget to go on if you get a sub: Depending on size your sub should be around $90 - $150. Box should be around $100. The amp will vary depending on wattage of your sub, but might be around $300. Then about $75 in cables and converters. All together you might spend around $400 - $600 for a decent sub, box, amp and accessories.... that will get you awesome results and you would be pleased by that.

i know some may say thats too much and some may say thats too little... I know what I have and it kicks. I dont need anything loud but I dont want it to distort... this range will yeild that. hell I can make Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy hit and I can make Dr. Dre - 2001 hit

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think that's good advice and a good budget sternyy. Of course if you can afford $1k, all the better. I spent about $220 for the sub/box, $180 for the amp and $50 for wires. For my second amp (powering the front speakers), I got it on ebay for $41 and it was new in box :D. Power is important for clean, clear sound- as well as volume. My music taste vary from classic rock to hip hop (but no country!!), and my set up sounds clean and can be loud if I want to crank it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeah i got about $600 spent for everything needed with my sub and i am going to look into components for my front with an amp (~$400)... right around $1k for everything installed... When you look at the Audiophille costing around $450... spending the same amount to get a sub will sound better in my opinion.

BTW the 12 pack of beer durring installation was around $10...  :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer replaced only the head unit because of my persistance in get the RDS to work (see other forum post for this mess) so I did not get the addition of the two rear deck speakers. I am however adding a custom sub box and amp as well as replacing ALL of the speakers in the car. Even though the system sounds pretty good, it is not quite what I want and since I like stealth when it comes to high end systems, I will be leaving the head unit in place and just adding everything else. As far as all of the other posts since my last, I agree with just adding to the existing as far as cost. I was just fortunate enought to get my dealer to replace the unit under the pretence that the manual said I had RDS but infact I did not. Boo bad misprinted manual, Horrayyyyyy Beeerrrr

·
Registered
359 Posts
I love everything stock... i was going to get a pair of components to put in the rear deck for some added lows and to keep my trunk space, but i had 2 12's subs and an amp from my old car. I decided to use one of the 12's to save some trunk space. I have my amp settings turned down so it just gives enough hit to feel it, and the fronts will give the rest of the ranges. This comboination is way better then what the audiophille sounds like too. Not that the fronts sounds bad at all, but i cant wait to get some new ones for that extra sound.

·
Registered
297 Posts

I needed the trunk space too......

·
Registered
443 Posts
Armstrda- I bought mine around March and it was the sales mgr car for the first 3k miles- so that means it was probably built late '05 or early '06. There aren't a lot of stations where I live that have RDS, but mine picks them up and does so in other cities when I travel. Guess I got lucky with the head unit they installed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts