FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my name is Steve
I have had my Fusion for a while now and have done some things to it so I figured I would start a mod page.

No, I did not put a lift kit on it :)
This is a couple of days after I purchased the car. I put on some exhaust tips. just enjoying my new Fusion.

This is after adding tint. In the Florida sun, tint is a must. It also makes a great visual difference. The car looks much better IMO.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've only had my 08 SE 2.3 for about 3 months now, no real mods yet. I know what you mean about the lift-kit comment, sometimes I look at it and go, man, that is just too tall. What color is your car, looks slightly greenish?

I need to get my windows tinted, too, that looks great. One last thing: can we get a larger version of your avatar- can't quite make it out, just curious... :chuckles:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm sure you will start modding soon enough. There are some nice cars on this site to get us inspired.
The car is green ,Ford calls it Tundra. But funny story is that I thought it was gray when I bought it.
( color blind).
Tint makes a big difference. it is a great investment
Photo shop.

They are explaining that the car needs to be lower. (or they are stealing my wheels)
Well this is the fender, hood, grill, and head light mod.

The other driver decided to make a u-turn from the right hand lane while I was in the left lane going in the same direction . :( I just don't understand people's driving skills any more.
the good news is no more front license plate bracket :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Added a 2010 fusion spoiler painted it flat black with flat clear coat. also used high temp. paint and sprayed the exhaust tips flat black.

everyone kept coming up and telling me that I was missing a part of my grill . I told them that is the way it came . I could tell it would never end so I added some trim. and look no license plate bracket.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gauge mod , was tired of the plain gauge cluster so I changed it up a little

1st try looked ok but did not stand out enough.

much better and the silver is the same color as the rings around the gauges ,( I used a wire mesh material, cut it to shape and then painted it silver)

IMO looks good with the carbon fiber looking trim.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Not feeling the spoiler being black. It needs to be body color.
Also don't really like the dash mod. It looks imcomplete to me.
Not trying to put you down just being honest.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What did you use for your lower grill, that looks great! Better than the 3rd bar IMHO.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=20louie06 link=topic=212000.msg4258694#msg4258694 date=1344572463]
Not feeling the spoiler being black. It needs to be body color.
Also don't really like the dash mod. It looks imcomplete to me.
Not trying to put you down just being honest.
[/quote]
20louie06 , Honesty is a great virtue.

I'm happy with the way it turned out. :peace:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=Shifty McShifterson link=topic=212000.msg4258876#msg4258876 date=1344623935]
What did you use for your lower grill, that looks great! Better than the 3rd bar IMHO.
[/quote]
Thank you,
I used some thin chrome trim that you can buy at any auto store, it comes in a roll that has adhesive already on it. You can cut it to the length that you need. It is easy to work with and it has held up well

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[quote author=bondservant link=topic=212000.msg4259165#msg4259165 date=1344693950]
I have thought about painting my spoiler flat back....I like it. The gauges too! :Hi5:
[/quote]
Thank you for the complement, I appreciate that.
The gauge mod was a fun project. although... the mesh material was a pain to work with.
I was around your area this weekend. We stayed on Clearwater beach for a couple of nights.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I added some vinyl stripes , I did the drivers side a while ago so I did the passenger side this week. I think the car goes faster now! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Added clear side markers

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
lowered on Eibach springs. from this

To this

I thought the front would be a little lower but Eibach states that it will lower 1.6 in. , so by those #'s, I guess they did the job.
I have seen other Fusions with the same springs that look lower.
I have Energy Suspension spring boosters in the back to level things out. :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Has the ride gotten stiffer w/ the lowering springs? I would love to lower mine, just a touch all around, but I don't want to change the ride- I really like the stock balance between ride and handling, I think Ford got it just right.

Those little stripes look surprisingly good!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Shifty McShifterson,
The ride does not feel much stiffer with the springs, just different. on start and stop there is much less nose dive or dipping. It feels more secure around corners. The ride is not rough, it is very smooth . feels almost stock,
The shocks you chose will make a difference in the stiffness of the ride.
This is what I used.
Eibach springs 1.6 in lower front and back
Tokico blues all the way around.
Energy Suspension spring boosters in the back. lifts the back about 1/4 in

I can give you the what and where if you PM me. I shopped around alot
Also look at the mega suspension thread for much more info and many more options for our cars as far as suspension is concerned.
The Tokico shocks did not get a good write up in that post but I think it is because it is closer to stock than the other choices. ( not as aggressive as some people may have wanted or had expected.) But many people on this site use them. I have not heard or seen any issues with them . Tokico is what Mazda uses as stock. The Tokico Blues are supposed to take a mild drop up to 1.5 in.

I saw some stripes like that on a Fusion Sport at a local Ford dealer so I gave it a try. Thanks for the complement. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I did some work on the tail lights last week

lights.

These are up to date pics 08/25/12

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
NeverYachtz,
Thanks for the compliment , A little at a time and it will come together. I'm just trying to have fun with it. Wheels would be great and I have seen some that I like but that will have to wait until I need new tires.
I am thinking the next project will be something with the front end. I'm looking at some kind of chin spoiler / splitter not sure yet. maybe do something with the headlights. And yes bigger exhaust tips would be ++. Thanks

1 - 20 of 109 Posts