FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I scared the living s**t out of myself. I have had my V6 Fusion for a month now and have only done city driving. I wanted to take her on the highway and break her in at highway speeds as well. After cruising for a while I couldn't resist and pinned her down till she hit 140 klm's per hr, let off the gas and she kept on climbing :shock:, yup, stuck pedal, right to the floor and now it was at 160. I kicked at the pedal quickly hoping to release it, nope, now I'm really flying and I started to panic a little so hit the brake instinctivly of course :?, this slowed her down but I knew I couldn't hold the brake on with a stuck acclerator.

I let off the brake and away she went again right back to 150 klm's per hr, this time I swiped at the pedal with the side of my runner and lifted up on the pedal, whew finally, LOL I had to pull over my freaking legs felt like rubber and were shaking like a leaf. Upon inspection I discovered that the factory all weather floormat ( the one that says Fusion on it) has an edge on it that allows the gas pedal to stick under. I had to pull the mat back towards the seat for proper clearance. So to all of those with rubber floormats have a look.

That is not a good feeling :lol:

Cheers

·
Registered
377 Posts
That would do-it. I mean scare the living daylights out of ya. Glad you are ok.

I am glad we can learn from bad experiences and come out and teach that is great. I had my bad luck today, since it was a wet week I almost got hit today twice, damn people do not know what they are doing while driving, idiots I swear. My luck ended with someone hitting my upper window trim on my driver side, it dented-it and chip some paint off it. Looks not too bad, but still an eyesore to me, since I always get-on on that side. Another thing I notice was chipped paint on the front a damn rock hit the hood and chipped the paint; damn rock came from a cargo truck carrying rocks from a mining area to a jobsite. Sh!t my luck. But hey it can be fix. I keep my fingers crossed everyday I drive. :hide: :csweeney: :tense:

·
Registered
580 Posts
It happened to me on a 69 Z-28 and there was no pulling the throttle back on that one. The carb linkage on the secondarys went over center ( Holley Carb ). The only thing you can do is, shut the ignition off. I am happy you made it. Have a cool one on me!

·
Registered
204 Posts
You should be very happy it happened to you when it did where it did. Very happy you had that expereince, and learned what you learned .. cause .. imagine if you had stomped the gas in city traffic to pass someone and it had gotten stuck there! :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts