FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I found an awesome car (Supra) for a dirt cheap price ($3299) on yahoo autos. The following are emails sent back and forth. I'm just posting this to remind you guys of crap scams out there.

Me:
ust wondering about the price. Is $3,299 your asking price or what you have had as a best offer

Her:
hello
you can buy the Toyota now for $3299 and get free shipping
the car is in perfect condition like new
never been in accidents
i live in Greece
and my name is Emilia Jordan
thank you

Me:
I'm interrested in purchasing the car. Just a few questions. Why is the car up for sale? Are you the orginal owner? How do you want to go about the sale once the finances are in order? And would I be able to get the car looked over? I pretty much have the money for the car right now but I'd just have to get a few things in order. And how would we be able to do the sale if your in Greece? My # is 940-***-9811 and my name is David. Do you have a number I can contact you at?
Thank You

Her:
the car is registered there becaause i lived there but now i moved here in Greece
my brother is the first owner,and me

For the moment I can only accept BidPay, payment managed by a BidPay verified agent. Also,there is no reason to get worried because this deal will be made in a secure way. they will hold the payment till you get and test the car.I need your full name and address where you want to car to be shipped. I'll be waitting for your reply .
God bless you.
i sell this car because few weeks ago me and my husband made an accident with our bike,my husband die and i ....am mute,i have to make an operation to get my voice back,that1s why i sell the car so cheap because i need money asap....so i can not talk with you,please understand and if you still want to buy it please emailme back

Me:
I would like to purchase the car still and I feel for your situation. But I'd like to be able to contact someone about the car. Is there anyway I could speak to your brother about the car. And what states has it been registering in (for emission). I thank you for your time and I hope we can make this deal. Thank you.

Her:
my bro is here with me.it is registered in CAlifornia

Me:
I have a paypal account would you be ok with that. And who is the car with if your in Greece (i.e. how will I get the keys). And I did a VIN check and it says the car is Reg in IL do you know why?

Her:
About PayPal,please see www.paypalsucks.com .I was one of the paypal victims and please understand that I can no longer accept it.let me know if you still want to buy it.Now i use only wire transfer through Western Union very easy and fast payment method.

And I was going to link the ad to this post but it's vanished?!? So once again just be careful out there. (Man I was so close to my dream car)

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've also just noticed that alot of the Supra on Yahoo Auto are pretty cheap. So with my new CarFax ID I decided to check the VIN's and of course almost all of them are registered in states that are different than the states they are being sold in. Just a tad odd.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
This sounds suspiciously like a transaction my brother-in-law went through for a 4 wheeler. He dealt with someone in Greece but the 4wheeler was here. The other person want $1000 via Western Union only. After paying he never heard from them again.

Personally, I've always found that if the deal is too good to be true, it probably isn't.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Rule # 1 - don't buy anything expensive internationally unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Rule # 2 - Anything related to Yahoo usually involves fraud. Internet fraudsters LOVE using Yahoo because they're too stupid to do checks on things.

Rule # 3 - Western Union (Bidpay.com) has the highest online fraud rate and a definite preffered payment method by fraudsters.

Rule # 4 - If it's too good to be true, it usually isn't.

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car was just so beautiful!!!!. Custom sound system, Turbo, and in great condition. And you could tell the engine had some GOOD work done. But yeh I figured it was to good to be true. CARFAX rules!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts