FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a rest stop today, a 2008 Vapor Silver V6 and a Moss Green I4 pulled up along side of me - Ford test vehicles. The vapor looks very nice, deeper color than the silver birch but not as dark as the tungsten. I also very much liked the moss green color. It looked very sharp with the tan leather seats. I tried to strike up a conversation with the test crew, but they were too busy arguing about how fast there were going on the hwy and they didn't want to talk. Also in the group was a Taurus X which I thought was quite forgettable.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
What is the Taurus X? I saw a vehicle the other day parked at a restaurant that looked like a 500 but the badges on the back were Taurus. This was a new Taurus. I didn't think the 08's were out yet...am I missing something? They didn't make the switch yet, did they? Could this also be some sort of a test vehicle?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Taurus X is a rebadged Freestyle with a 3 bar grill, sporting Edge style headlights. The Taurus is on dealer lots now, and I imagine the Taurus X is as well. This was a test vehicle with badges removed but no camo. The Taurus X and Fusions were all part of a test crew. I wanted more info, but the drivers were bitching about someone in their group doing 120mph on the freeway. They seemed pretty stressed-out or pissed about something.

[quote author=mrc link=topic=81722.msg1522797#msg1522797 date=1183000079]
What is the Taurus X? I saw a vehicle the other day parked at a restaurant that looked like a 500 but the badges on the back were Taurus. This was a new Taurus. I didn't think the 08's were out yet...am I missing something? They didn't make the switch yet, did they? Could this also be some sort of a test vehicle?
[/quote]

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sounds like one of the contracted out mile-accumulation crews. I doubt any of them would know more about the cars then anyone on this forum. They aren't Ford employees and don't have any inside information about the cars.

·
Registered
371 Posts
:ttiwwp:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That makes perfect sense. They seemed like a bunch of hacks so they were probably just putting on miles as you said. I did have my camera phone but I didn't care to be around them any longer than I had to so I didn't snap any pics.

[quote author=Waldo link=topic=81722.msg1527156#msg1527156 date=1183129046]
Sounds like one of the contracted out mile-accumulation crews. I doubt any of them would know more about the cars then anyone on this forum. They aren't Ford employees and don't have any inside information about the cars.
[/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts