FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radio equipped with a sensor that would pick up a signal sent out from an emergency vehicle that is running lights and siren. It could mute radio and announce EV near. A button on radio so you can acknowledge it and radio return to other media you had on. Low signal output so it only transmits a short distance. Much like the ones they have for traffic signals now. Might save a few lives. And NO--I didn't stay at a Holiday Express last night---just(don't laugh) thinking!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Please yes!

It's amazing the number of people who don't have a clue what's going on around them.

FYI for everyone reading this.... Emergency Vehicle behind you, what do you do? Pull to the RIGHT!

Most departments train personnel to drive to the left around traffic...

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Its actually a developing technology right now not only for emergency vehicles but to actually network all vehicles so they can broadcast when they are in a crash and alert other cars of the incident, or other instances where car to car communication could be handy. Badass but very very new tech and still in development. But the idea is out there. I actually designed (just a quick rough idea) a system for one of my networking classes as part of my final of this exact idea. Cool tech that is being done right now. Can't wait to see the results of it. :p

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
well when you see people playing on their iPAD which is rested on their lap, headphones on while listening to the iPOD and other stupid shit, it's no wonder they don't pull over. it makes me mad when people don't yield to them (how would you feel if it was you or a relative??).... almost as mad as people who push their buggy to the side or curb instead of returning it to the front or the designated buggy return stations...

rant over...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
[quote author=Mercury_66Comet_07Milan link=topic=193377.msg4089130#msg4089130 date=1312817525]
well when you see people playing on their iPAD which is rested on their lap, headphones on while listening to the iPOD and other stupid shit, it's no wonder they don't pull over. it makes me mad when people don't yield to them (how would you feel if it was you or a relative??).... almost as mad as people who push their buggy to the side or curb instead of returning it to the front or the designated buggy return stations...

rant over...
[/quote]

that is why they came out with the rumbler siren for emergency vehicles. check it out.
NYPD Demonstrating The Rumbler
The "Rumbler" siren

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
its not a comfortable feeling. pretty much put the worse bass scales on and sit in front of an 8" subwooffer. the range is only good for about 100ft too but you do feel it when its coming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts