FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the Taurus X and the Sable are done after this year. The Taurus X I'm not surprised by... but are they killing the entire Sable line?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm surprised about the Sable, but then again I don't know the actual sales numbers of the Sable. I will say this... I haven't seen any marketing for the Sable, but the Taurus on the other hand...

If I didn't know anything about Mercury, I would've thought they only make the Milan and Mariner.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The wind tells me the days of the Sable are well nigh over, a pity really because every 2008-9 Sable I looked at always displayed better fit and finish and materials than its Ford counterpart.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Fit and finish is a problem that I believe Ford is constantly addressing and improving.

When I bought my Fusion, the interior fit and finish varied slightly from vehicle to vehicle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I test drove a Sable last summer when I was considering trading in my 2006 Fusion for a larger car. Although the drive was rather brief the Sable impressed with its acceleration, composure over bumps and low wind/road noise. I would have pulled the trigger but the amount the dealership offered for my trade was both laughable and insulting. I'm glad I waited but that particular Sable made a very favorable impression. Nowadays local dealers have very few in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts