FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to go Ford. I've got rust forming in my door panels already! Along the back part of the rear doors where the sheet metal is folded over, paint is all bubbled up over about 2 feet. My car is washed religiously a couple times a week and weekly in winter. I even wash and wax my door jambs where the rust formed! I've seen rust on GM's that are less than a year old but never a Ford.

·
Super Moderator
5,975 Posts
[quote author=Showtime link=topic=65422.msg1121303#msg1121303 date=1167186958]
Way to go Ford. I've got rust forming in my door panels already! Along the back part of the rear doors where the sheet metal is folded over, paint is all bubbled up over about 2 feet. My car is washed religiously a couple times a week and weekly in winter. I even wash and wax my door jambs where the rust formed! I've seen rust on GM's that are less than a year old but never a Ford.
[/quote]

I know it is not right that you should have this problem on a new car, but take it back to the dealer. A rust problem like that is covered under your basic warranty.
Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=Showtime link=topic=65422.msg1121303#msg1121303 date=1167186958]
[/quote]

Wow that's horrible. Please let us know what happens with this

·
Registered
195 Posts
Totally agree.. This is not normal in todays vehicles. Paint/body/undercoatings make rust a thing of the past. Your car is completly covered for this issue. Make a Ford dealership do the body/paint work so it stays under warranty.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Scape, your slug line "SEL V6 in silver! Car handles like it is on rails. Smooth, stylish and most of all different." says a lot about why we bought an '07 SEL AWD Fusion. There is an annoying "sameness" to most of the Asian nameplates. The Fusion is distinctive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.