FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having an issue with rust forming on the chrome lugnuts?

I have had my Milan since November of 2005 and recently the lugnuts started to show rust.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd go back to the dealer & ask nicely for some new replacements, let them see the bad / rusty ones you have on now. Tell them you'll install them yourself, just want some replacements. Should be no problem. Sounds like the protective plastic casing got cracked during factory ( have you / anyone ever removed your wheels since
getting her ? ) install.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had them off/on several times for tire rotation.

I sure that has added to the problem, but it shouldn't be that bad after 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with you, very little wear on them, they should last & not be damaged from that stuff. Go to Ford & see if they'll give you some new ones, they should.
I don't see how they would call this a "wear & tear item', like tires, wiper blades etc., they should replace them under warrenty, plus the're FREAKIN' cheap !!! Not like you want a new headlight assembly because it has a rock chip in it

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had my wheels off yesterday for cleaning and noticed a little rust on a few of them. Nothing serious though, at least not yet.

·
Registered
476 Posts
When cleanning mine i noticed that I have rust on a few of them as well. I'd imagine that if they are rusting ti would be covered under the corrosion warranty.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All lugnuts replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, that's cool. I'm going to have to call my dealer because the lug nuts on both my rear wheels are rusting. I had to replace both rear tires already, one from the dealer due to "manufacturer defect" and one because I got a huge nail in the sidewall. Then last week when I pulled the rear wheels off to install the splash guards, I noticed they were starting to rust. They have a chrome cover over the actual nut and it must distort and crack the chrome when you torque on them. Anyway, they shouldn't be rusting after only a month, especially in the middle of the bone dry desert.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts