FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks AFTER the rust/corrosion clause in the warranty ran out, Wife's Fusion started leaking just forward into the header in front of the windshield. I put my fingers up in the sunroof space above the driver's seat. Felt water, obviously a leaking sunroof. Took it in to the dealership to have it checked out. The sunroof contractor said it, "Was due to leaf debris in the sunroof." They cleaned it out. Supposedly tested it, and returned it, saying, "Fixed, cleaned it out." Couple days later, it rained! Guess what, major leakage. She took it back and they claimed that the frame of the sunroof was 'bent'. Really!? How is that possible, you have to physically bend it somehow! They say it will cost $3000 to replace the sunroof.
So, she calls up a sunroof/glass guy. They check it out, pull the sunroof mechanism out. Rust everywhere in three years and a couple weeks. Will cost a little over $600 to fix.

Makes me want to check on the sunroof for the next year or so, before it's warranty for that expires! Just in case.

· Administrator
6,178 Posts
A couple of weeks AFTER the rust/corrosion clause in the warranty ran out, Wife's Fusion started leaking just forward into the header in front of the windshield. I put my fingers up in the sunroof space above the driver's seat. Felt water, obviously a leaking sunroof. Took it in to the dealership to have it checked out. The sunroof contractor said it, "Was due to leaf debris in the sunroof." They cleaned it out. Supposedly tested it, and returned it, saying, "Fixed, cleaned it out." Couple days later, it rained! Guess what, major leakage. She took it back and they claimed that the frame of the sunroof was 'bent'. Really!? How is that possible, you have to physically bend it somehow! They say it will cost $3000 to replace the sunroof.
So, she calls up a sunroof/glass guy. They check it out, pull the sunroof mechanism out. Rust everywhere in three years and a couple weeks. Will cost a little over $600 to fix.

Makes me want to check on the sunroof for the next year or so, before it's warranty for that expires! Just in case.
Hi kwm and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. The rust/corrosion warranty is 5 years/Unlimited mileage. We can not determine over the Internet whether your vehicle moonroof issue qualifies or not. So you may want to have your Ford Dealer take a look at the problem.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts