FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentially burned through 1st gear. :shock: Got a little chirp into second.

But anyway, that's not how I drive my car.

Off the line, just easing the gas down, the motion is effortless and I get to speed and shifting through the gears easily. Before I knew it, I was at 60. Absolutely no effort needed at all by the dual cam V6.

Also, I am recording a little higher average mileage so far in the 20 miles that I've driven in the city -- but I will report back when I have a tank or so ran through it.

I am still playing around and noting the differences in the 87 vs. 93 program.

Tonight after work, I will flash my car in the parking lot and drive home on the 93 Torque program and see what the difference is.

Can't wait for the K&N and Exhaust!

·
Registered
440 Posts
keep me updated on how that tune works out. can you feel any more power over the 87 tune?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can feel a little more power, but I think that a straight up "race", there would not be much difference.

What I do see after getting on the expressway last night for a little while, and still doing city driving -- the mileage does not go down, and I've been running it a little harder than I always drive. The 93 Performance I think is actually a hidden "mileage" program.

I have the same spreadsheet that I was using on the Ranger to track my MPG and Cost Per Mile and crap like that. When I burn through this tanks, I'll have the results.

I have a good feeling about this mileage running this, though. Might be beneficial on a long haul trip back to Michigan or your place, but not too sure if the cost differential would be worth running 93, paying the price for it per gallon to squeeze out a 1/7th of a cent difference in cost per mile, you know?

I'll post the results.

·
Registered
440 Posts
well the most important thing i want to know is if the MPG gain outweighs the cost of 93 octane. if you think about it now, its only costs, what,. ~6% more than regular? if the MPG gain is 6% or more it may just be worth it

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$46.35 for 93

$43.35 for 87

3 dollar difference within 15 gallons, roughly my last fill-up.

For example, If I usually get an average 20mpg [300 total for 15 gallons], and I am getting 21 [315 total] on the 93, it's almost saving me a gallon of gas, which is right about worth $3.00 anyway, you know? It only increases more, with the more mileage I can get. With the above scenario, it's not really beneficial OR not beneficial to run 93 vs 87. If I start pulling 22 or 23 average [hypothetically], it's better to run 93.

Now, I don't have the hard numbers yet, but that is how I am figuring it for now.

·
Registered
440 Posts
well if its the same then it IS beneficial because you get more power out of the 93 tune :csweeney:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh... I forgot about that aspect, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.