FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i ran over a curb and the unibody rocker box that runs along the side under the car is slightly rippled. is there a inexpensive way to fix this? The shop says it doesn't need to be fixed, but will it affect the structural integrity of the car?

·
Registered
910 Posts
No idea. That sucks though, be careful man!

WHile on a roadtrip one of the people driving got a bit happy with the gas and I swear with all the weight added to the car by passengers/luggage I swear we hit the ground when going fast and hitting bumps etc. going up and down. Everything seems fine though. I've cut it close a few times and nearly climbed curbs (twice) but always try to be careful

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=Nr9 link=topic=71523.msg1258532#msg1258532 date=1173465153]
hi i ran over a curb and the unibody rocker box that runs along the side under the car is slightly rippled. is there a inexpensive way to fix this? The shop says it doesn't need to be fixed, but will it affect the structural integrity of the car?
[/quote]

If the shop thinks its ok, I would say its fine. I would just make sure that there is no bare metal on the underside that may rust out in the future.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree, that's one of the strongest parts of the car, so a little dent won't make much difference, but do make sure the paint is intact so no water gets in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts