FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Roush short shifter by far has to be one of the best modifications I've done to my Mustang so far. It gives it a very sports car like feel, and has that muscle look. I also added the new boot, billet arm, and white cue ball knob with the shifter. The shifter is top notch, one of the easiest installs I've ever done, had issues getting the bolt on the transmission out due to the noise / heat mat getting in the way of the bolt head and the wrench when you started backing it out. Took a few minutes, more like an hour, to figure out which way I needed to go in order to get the shifter out of the car once it was free. Instructions were lacking there.

The shifter is AMAZING. It's REAL notchy, which I love, you KNOW for sure when you are in gear, it's a real connected feeling. The bushing roush uses must be a lot stiffer too, because the exhaust / transmission noise in the cabin is a lot louder now, it really resonates a lot more. Sounds aggressive. It's kind of hard to describe the feeling you get changing gears, it's very mechanical, almost feels like chambering a round in a bolt action rifle, actually.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.