FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me say that I have a great deal of respect for Jack Roush for the things he has accomplished on and off the track/ in and out of auto racing, but he has certainly missed the mark when it comes to the Roush edition Fusion... $2,920.00 for some 17" rims (with factory tires, no less) a pinstripe decal (which my local vinyl guy could have produced) a lower fascia screen (which basically looks like a painted street scene insert) and a lowering kit! No roush badging or anything suggesting it's a Roush edition other than the added window sticker for $2,920.00. Personally, not impressed...here are a few pics for your viewing .... The wheels actually look like a cross between some Cragar's and American Racing Torq-thrust series..Now I understand why they didn't put any Roush branding on it.. ALL HYPE-NO BITE

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
This car is all show and no go. (even lack of show) Those rims look like 16's, you would think that Roush would have used a 19 or 20.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Actually, the rims look just like the Mustang rims. So, I see nothing special at all!

G

·
Yup, they probably just took them from the stock mustangs that were turned into Roush or Shelby Mustangs and threw them on the Fusions.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
My soul is troubled. Somehow I expected something.........................something else :huh:

·
Registered
833 Posts
We must be missing something....under the hood?....the suspension? Gotta be something else..$2,920.00 for wheels, a pin stripe and a grill!?!?!

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=87936.msg1684207#msg1684207 date=1188692807]
We must be missing something....under the hood?....the suspension? Gotta be something else..$2,920.00 for wheels, a pin stripe and a grill!?!?!
[/quote]

Nope, they only thing you missed was the installed lowering kit also! It's ridiculous..no brake upgrade, NO NOTHING. There was another small sticker on the winshield that listed exactly what I listed.

The custom invoice mailed to the dealer by ROUSH (see below) is the one I pictured above.

Here's the specs....

Overview
Fusion I-4 or V6 engine vehicles with 17" wheels are eligible for package (AWD units not eligible)
Vehicle drop shipped to Roush's Livonia, MI plant then shipped to ordering dealer via Ford transportation
Fusion Sport Package Content
Roush Lower Front Mesh Grille
Ford Racing Lowering Springs (lowers unit ~ 1 inch)
Ford Accessory Black or optional Polished Racing Wheels
Ford Racing Exhaust Tip (I4 models only)
Roush Sport Edition Stripe
Ford Accessory Rear Spoiler w/integrated stop lamp
Pricing
Base package with standard black aluminum wheels (MSRP: $1,999)
Base package with optional polished aluminum wheels (MSRP: $2,199)
Custom invoice mailed to dealer by Roush
Timing
1,000 units of balance of Fusion '07MY allocation (orders placed in system)
Sport Package Warranty
Package covered under 3/36,000 warranty coverage through Roush
Ordering Instructions
Add Roush two ship-thru codes to stock Fusion orders in CONCEPS
Codes are 31J & D9R
Ordering questions can be directed to Roush (800) 59-ROUSH

The invoice says destination and delivery included. So they must have started with the $2,199 MSRP and with $721.00 in delivery charges it totalled $2,920. That sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=87936.msg1684207#msg1684207 date=1188692807]
[/quote]

The pinstripe is made of gold leaf. Very exotic.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Is the lower grill for sale anywhere? Didn't see it on the Roush site but for a left nut you buy those azz looking wheels. :shock:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very displeasing to see roush not take the time to do something special with the fusion. After all it is the ford car for nascar now. I am a huge fan of Jack Roush and what he can do to cars and trucks. Maybe in the future they will take the time to develop stuff for the fusion. When new body style mustangs came out they did nothing for 2 yrs other then body kits and dress up stuff. Can't wait to see if roush will hit the engine on the fusion.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I just don't believe that was actually shipped to the dealership from Roush! That is disgusting. There has to be some sort of mistake! This is ROUSH we're talking about here! This "special edition" looks like a half-assed attempt to make money by people who don't know a thing about cars. Everything different about this Fusion is just fugly.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Did they leave the chrome bars in the lower grill with the mesh? :dur: :nono:

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=87936.msg1686459#msg1686459 date=1188840339]
Did they leave the chrome bars in the lower grill with the mesh? :dur: :nono:
[/quote]

No, from what I saw they did remove the chrome fascia bars but left in the black plastic support pieces for the bars and used them as part of the mesh screen install. The two bars actually have forms that the chrome bars 'snap' into. If you look at your own Fusion you can see some of it and feel almost all of it.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Looks terrible. I don't even think the Mustang rims look good on a Fusion. I wouldn't even call it a Roush Fusion. Some of the dealer-modified Fusions look 100 times better and actually have some performance mods behind it.

...And shouldn't it be called a Roush-Fenway Fusion anyway? ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Roush Fusion = Suck Fest!!!!!

Roush should fire their entire Fusion design staff ( that would be the bum out back with the crayon ) and hire someone from this forum to add some design insight. Guess we'll have to rely upon ourselves to actually design something great. After seeing the Roush Mustang I was hoping for so much more. Instead, I see so much less.!!!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Mav2u link=topic=87936.msg1687667#msg1687667 date=1188878148]
Roush Fusion = Suck Fest!!!!!

Roush should fire their entire Fusion design staff ( that would be the bum out back with the crayon ) and hire someone from this forum to add some design insight. Guess we'll have to rely upon ourselves to actually design something great. After seeing the Roush Mustang I was hoping for so much more. Instead, I see so much less.!!!!
[/quote]

i think we should all go out to Roush's and leave feed back on ou disappointment. Maybe that would get them to do something diff for 09

1 - 20 of 46 Posts