FordFusionClub.com banner

Rock chip in Windshield!!!

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  walmartownz 
#1 ·
Was on my way home from base this morning and got my first rock chip in the windshield :x. I was so pissed, I saw it coming too. A semi truck was going the other direction and I saw this rock out of the corner of my eye and it smacked the window, so I have a chip right in front of the drivers view. Only 1500 miles on the car and I was looking at paying the deductable for a new window. But then I thought, maybe I'll just buy one of those repair kits this weekend and take care of it. After driving a few more miles I noticed small cracks appearing and beginning to spread. Time to take evasive action, I turned around headed straight back to base and bought a kit. I wanted to fix it before it spread. I had to wait till I got home to fix it. It was one of those syringe kits, I am shocked at how well it worked. Took 4 hours to dry, but it worked. The surface is smooth and the color matches perfectly, not yellow or cloudy. Although due to the type of the chip, it is still barely visible, but the cracks are gone and the window is saved. I highly recommend having one of these kits on hand. I'm buying another one just to keep it handy. Long story short, a $20 chip repair kit is much cheaper than paying a $500 deductable.

#3 ·
I hate these things!!! I was driving on a narrow 2 lane road and I came across a street cleaner & just my luck it threw a marble sized stone right into the driver's window!!!
Needless to say I have a chip in the driver's window, it's a fair size but not too noticible as the window is tinted. At least it didn't dent my door. 

I'm glad that the stones didn't leave any other damage on your cars, I know how you feel, I got pissed when I seen it flying at my car :eek:,

Guess it could've been worse.

#4 ·
A lot of insurance companies will now pay to have a glass company fix that for free for you. I had a very small chip that turned into a crack and American Family sent a company to my house to fix it the next day. It saves them $ too in the long run. No deductible, no money at all, just preventative I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.