FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=oneill_sel link=topic=90706.msg1754841#msg1754841 date=1191378265]
Can I fit 8.5 wide rims on the Fusion or do I have to stick to 7.5?
[/quote]

Hi oneill. :wavey: Still trying to find wheels you like, huh? Yes, an 8.5 inch wheel can fit, if it is within the correct offset range.

However, if you really need to go wider, why are you limiting yourself to 7.5 or 8.5 inch wide wheels? What is wrong with an 8 inch wheel?

Anyway, my advice would still be to got to www.tirerack.com, input your cars information, and peruse all of the wheel choices you will be given. They have an interactive feature in which you can view the wheels on a Fusion.

You don't have to buy from them to use the resources available.

Give it a try and good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need a 8.5 becuase the the rims that Iam intrested in are 8.5 and do not come in any different widths so just checking what offset should I be looking at to make sure they kit properly?

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=oneill_sel link=topic=90706.msg1756924#msg1756924 date=1191452176]
I need a 8.5 becuase the the rims that Iam intrested in are 8.5 and do not come in any different widths so just checking what offset should I be looking at to make sure they kit properly?
[/quote]

Hi oneill. :wavey: Again, I would recommend going to tirerack.com and using their resources to get this information. Or call them.

They are the experts. No offense against anyone here (including myself), but for the most part, we are not experts. Some of us know more than others, but you are taking your chances.

It's always good to remember that any person giving you advice on a public forum like this could very well be a 13 year old kid who lives in his parents basement, does not drive, is grounded for a month for sniffing glue and sneaking peeks at the girl next door, and has no idea what the heck he is talking about. :lmao: Or they could be an automobile expert. But how do you know which he is?

Would you rather get an answer from a non-expert, who may or may not know what they are talking about, or from a company who's business it is to fit wheels and tires to cars and trucks?

Call "The Tire Rack". That is your best bet. You don't have to buy from them to get an answer.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=90706.msg1757036#msg1757036 date=1191456586]

It's always good to remember that any person giving you advice on a public forum like this could very well be a 13 year old kid who lives in his parents basement, does not drive, is grounded for a month for sniffing glue and sneaking peaks at the girl next door, and has no idea what the heck he is talking about. :lmao: Or they could be an automobile expert. But how do you know which he is?

[/quote]

:lol:

That's so right. But, most of the people on here are good guys and will tell you when they have no clue.

That being said, and to keep my post on topic, I have no clue!! :) I'm sure Jaysen would know though since that's his area of expertise.

It would probably be best to send him a PM........oh, and he's not a 13 year old living in his mother's basement last I checked!! :)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Nope, im not!

On topic. Yes it technically speaking you could make one fit. The negative backspacing required would stick the wheel out from the fender a small amount, you would also run into tire size issues with having to clear the stearing nuckels up front.

If I have some free time tomorrow, I will bolt up a loose wheel and take a picture.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Man, those rims look pretty good! And it looks like there are a lot of choices to go with.

5 x 114.3 equal to 5 x 4.5 inches, right?

Looks like you have four choices:

20x8.5, 5 on 4.5 / 5 on 4.75 Bolt Pattern; Back Spacing = 5.34 in.; Offset = 15 mm.; Hub Bore = 72.6; Finish = Chrome

20x8.5, 5 on 4.5 / 5 on 4.75 Bolt Pattern; Back Spacing = 6.52 in.; Offset = 45 mm.; Hub Bore = 72.6; Finish = Chrome

20x8.5, 5 on 4.5 / 5 on 120 Bolt Pattern; Back Spacing = 5.34 in.; Offset = 15 mm.; Hub Bore = 74.1; Finish = Chrome

20x8.5, 5 on 4.5 / 5 on 120 Bolt Pattern; Back Spacing = 6.52 in.; Offset = 45 mm.; Hub Bore = 74.1; Finish = Chrome

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Thats a reverse mount truck wheel and the backspacing listed on that page will not fit on a fusion. Sry.

Unless you wanted to call bushwacker for some big overfenders.

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=90706.msg1757320#msg1757320 date=1191462983]
Nope, im not!

On topic. Yes it technically speaking you could make one fit. The negative backspacing required would stick the wheel out from the fender a small amount, you would also run into tire size issues with having to clear the stearing nuckels up front.

If I have some free time tomorrow, I will bolt up a loose wheel and take a picture.
[/quote]

EDIT - Wife called me away, and there were about 5 replies before I first posted this. Fast typers you all are! This reply was in answer to Oneills first link to the truck wheels.

Hi Jaysen. :wavey: No, I realize you know your stuff and don't live in your parents basement. But how about the "sneaking a peek at the girl next door" part? :hugglez:

Just so everyone knows, I have the greatest respect for our forum members. Sometimes I just wonder why some of us will wait a few days or a week to get an answer here, instead of calling or going online to an expert source, like The Tire Rack or others, for information. In fact, if you have noticed in the past, I even tell people to take my own advice with a grain of salt, and to call The Tire Rack or other information source. Just one of the perks of experience (in other words, growing older)! :lmao:

Oneill, those seem to be truck wheels. I can tell you that the 15 mm offsets will not work, and I am not sure about the 45mm's. but will leave the definitive answer to someone with more expertise than myself.

Good luck, and I hope Jaysen or someone else can give you your answer soon. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
Hi oneill. :wavey: I went to The Tire Rack and input the Fusion info for 20X8.5 wheels. They do carry/show one 20X8.5 with a 45mm offset that will fit. All of the rest (32 models) are 40mm, 42mm and 43mm. So it would seem that at least some 45mm offset, 20X8.5 wheels will fit.

I guess we can assume (but we know what happens when we assume!) that the Helo's will fit, since they are 45 mm offset?

Hope this info helps. Good luck! :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts