FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has 20'' rims or 18'' inch rims this goes to you. Did you notice a big difference in the ride and handling once you put your rims on?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Of course, but I added lowering springs at the same time. Your ride will be affected but that doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. I love the way my car handles and hugs the road now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But is it a big diff? Like is it just rougher or is there like a shake in the steering wheel cuase i have a friend that put 20's and there is a shake in his steering wheel. If it is just a little rougher ride then thats ok.

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=oneill_sel link=topic=88060.msg1687525#msg1687525 date=1188874736]
But is it a big diff? Like is it just rougher or is there like a shake in the steering wheel cuase i have a friend that put 20's and there is a shake in his steering wheel. If it is just a little rougher ride then thats ok.
[/quote]

Hi oneill. :wavey: The ride will definitely be rougher, and your suspension components will wear out quicker. How much rougher, and how much quicker? Well, that is really all relative to the individual application.

As far as your friends car, something was not installed properly. There should not normally be a "shake" in the steering wheel. Possibly the wheels were not balanced properly before being mounted.

Good luck! :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts