FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2014 Fusion Titanium with 19" rims. The ride quality if VERY sporty. Meaning I feel every crack and pebble on the road. I just started a new job with a long commute over city roads. The ride is killing me and every pot hole fills me with terror (already popped two tires)

Has anyone reduced their rim size and found the ride to smooth out? Did it effect handling? I'm thinking of 16 inch rims.

Alternatively, is anyone familiar with other suspension adjustments / changes that can smooth out the ride?

Thanks in advance!

Roger

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
208 Posts
While going down to 16 seems drastic, there are a decent number of tires available in the stock 16 inch size. I got 16 inch steelies and winter rated tires for my 2015 for the snow, and the taller sidewall is nice for those potholes (and my daughter likes to hit curbs).

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
208 Posts
It was much smoother than the OEM 18 inch tires and wheels. It soaked up bumps, but it was obviously quite a bit less sure footed in the turns. I drove it 2000 miles on the interstate and never felt like it was too wallowy for me (I prefer stiff direct suspension and steering) or I couldn't still drive the car at 80% if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts