FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just notice on my car the right side is a tiny bit lower than the left side after installing the eibach springs. Does the springs have to settle in first or you guys think there is an issue with the eibach springs, was it installed wrong or is it all in my head?

G

·
Properly inflate all tires to the right air pressure. Then measure the gap between the tire and the fender wall. That should give you your answer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=81348.msg1511582#msg1511582 date=1182645545]
Tell that fat chick to get out of your car before you look at the right side. :lol:
[/quote]

I did...even better I got rid of her! The tires were not properly inflated one tire was 27 psi and the rest 31 psi. I thought the shop puts air on the tires for you? I guess not. It's all good now!!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=81348.msg1511582#msg1511582 date=1182645545]
Tell that fat chick to get out of your car before you look at the right side. :lol:
[/quote]

OMG That was unexpected! LOL :lmao:

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=fuzionblaze link=topic=81348.msg1512360#msg1512360 date=1182696094]

I did...even better I got rid of her! The tires were not properly inflated one tire was 27 psi and the rest 31 psi. I thought the shop puts air on the tires for you? I guess not. It's all good now!!!
[/quote]

Hi fusionblaze. :wavey: Not 100% sure about the Fusion, but I know the MKZ's recommended tire pressure is 32 PSI (cold). So even with the one tire being corrected, you are at least 1 PSI low on all of your tires.

In fact, to get better handling, tire wear and MPG, most experts would recommend going 2-3 pounds above the minimum recommended tire pressure. For example, I have mine at 35 PSI (cold). The only downside would be a possibly slightly harder ride, which most people will never notice.

Going higher than 2-3 pounds above the recommended PSI will begin to bring diminishing returns, so is not a good idea. In other words, just because 2-3 PSI higher than recommended is good, 9-10 PSI higher is not better. :bash:

At the very least, you should bring them up to the minimum recommended PSI. And invest in and check them with a good quality air pressure gauge.

Good luck! :cheers:

PS - Your cars recommended tire pressure is listed on the sticker on your drivers door jamb. There is usually a different PSI recommendation for each tire size available on a vehicle, so be sure to read the PSI listed for your tire size on the sticker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts