awhile but when I took it to my dealership and sat in 3 other
similar trimmed Fusions none of them had the same noise. So
of course I try to show the guy and it's as quiet as a church
mouse when I turn it on. Has anyone had this happened and
if so what's causing it so I can have them correct it. - Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
I thought I had a dash rattle the other day. It actually was the passenger-side sun visor. It was out of the clip, and the visor rod was hitting the clip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote author=yeloxr7 link=topic=71205.msg1309802#msg1309802 date=1175629518]
I thought I had a dash rattle the other day. It actually was the passenger-side sun visor. It was out of the clip, and the visor rod was hitting the clip.
[/quote]
+1 same thing happened to me. It sounded like it was coming from behind the glove box, service advisor isolated it to the sun visor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[quote author=FLSHADOW74 link=topic=71205.msg1250946#msg1250946 date=1173153218]
Since day one I've picked up my car, when I turn on the fans
I hear a rattle coming from the right side it goes away after
awhile but when I took it to my dealership and sat in 3 other
similar trimmed Fusions none of them had the same noise. So
of course I try to show the guy and it's as quiet as a church
mouse when I turn it on. Has anyone had this happened and
if so what's causing it so I can have them correct it. - Thanks
[/quote]

This doesn't address your problem but I had a very intermittent annoying rattle in the dash on the driver's side that I found I could duplicate by taking my hand and hitting the dash in a certain spot. When I took the car into our unfriendly Lincoln service department, I explained to the service writer that the rattle was very internittent and they might not be able to hear it by driving the car but I showed him how I could duplicate the rattle as I described.

As usual the service writer never comments or interacts in any way when you are describing problems. He just writes on the clip board and says "it that it?" "We'll check it out and call you." I get the call later and was told they couldn't duplicate the problem when their tech drove the car. I asked if they just tapped on the dash like I showed him. He said that that wasn't their method. They will drive the car to find rattles and they didn't find it. I was mad and I let him know it. There was some other work they were going to the next day but I told him I was going to pick the car up and take it somewhere else for any future work. An hour later when I arrived to pick the car up, surprise, they had repaired the rattle. They actually told me that he tech took the car out for another test drive (which I seriously doubt) and found it. It was a loose bolt inside the dash. You are in a very fortunate situation if you have a service department who doesn't treat their customers like they are complete morons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts