FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far it looks like we want:

~ One touch feature up/down for all windows.
~ A seperate dome light for the rear seat passengers.
~ Auto-stick = Which is something ford needs to get on.
~ Advanced Entry System. Like the one you just put in your pocket and can get in, push a button and drive away.
~ Slightly larger sunroof.
~ More cup holders to come out of the center armrest for rear seat passengers.

Anything else please post so I may add to the list. Do you think Ford tech people who design fords come on here? They need to start. Maybe we can get this list over to them. We have to do something, we can't just sit around and wait to see if these things will happen. If you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The autostick systems I have driven have big lag time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
automatic seats- like they have in the Taurus Limited. (push you keyfob, and the seats automatically go to your preset setting).
cooled seats - like they have in the Lincolns :?

I'm glad they added... :klavergreg:
back-ups sensors
keypad on door
sport packages on SE and SEL

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I think at this point all they really need is a GOOD autostick.Id like paddle shifters too. Id rather have a manual but I dont think thats even a realistic way of thinking with Ford. :?

I wouldnt mind getting the 3.7 for the MKZ either but I dont think that will happen soon cuz they need to keep the MKS positioned above the MKZ until the turbo engine is available.

·
Registered
244 Posts
None of those Tinkertoy paddle shifters for me, thanks. I'll leave those to the Japanese. Real men use a clutch and a knob.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=smallbigtall link=topic=90760.msg1863550#msg1863550 date=1195434750]
None of those Tinkertoy paddle shifters for me, thanks. I'll leave those to the Japanese. Real men use a clutch and a knob.
[/quote]I'd probably almost re-word that. :?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Every sentence was carefully constructed, thanks for acknowledging my ambiguous brilliance.

:klavergreg:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=smallbigtall link=topic=90760.msg1863550#msg1863550 date=1195434750]
[/quote]

The japanese include more options in their cars and trucks for stick shifts than the Americans do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New to Milan ownership -- have spent the last two weeks with a new leftover '07 BASE I4 with 5 speed manual and not a single option.

Things that I'd love to see for the future of the car.

1. standard speed activated auto door locks on the 5-speed car. I had no idea that the locks weren't automatically activating until I read in my owner's manual three days after bringing the car home that the speed activated door locks aren't even an option on the manual tans car. What's up with that?

2. Standard traction control. Listen ... if Scion can bring a traction control system to the manual transmission XB with a sticker of $16,240 (after dealer delivery) ... then Ford ought to be able to add it to the Fusion / Milan @ $19k+.

3. 6 speed manual transmission. It seems reasonable enought to assume an extra gear might buy me 2 - 3 mpg city, and 1 or 2 hwy, which would seem worth it. I love that my new car qualifies for the EPA Smartway designation as a BIN5 SLEV designated vehicle -- but in an age of $3.50 / gallon or higher for gas -- every mpg counts.

4. While we're replacing the transmission ... if the throws were a bit shorter ... it would greatly enhance the sporting nature that the Fusion / Milan platform seems to want to bring to the party. I also drove a Mazda6 while testing cars, and if I'm recalling correctly, the geometry in the 6 shift linkage must be a bit different because the pattern seemed a bit tighter.

5. The relation between seat height, arm rest, and shifter location are a lil bit clumsy for me. I tried a car with a sunroof and found myself with my head strafing the ceiling and my right shoulder just slightly shrugged because of the size and height of the console arm rest. I actually decided against the Fusion / Milan after driving the sunroof car ... but, realizing the non sunroof car would likely buy me some headroom ... I thought I'd try one as well. With the seat height comforbably about an inch above where I could run it in the sunroof equipped car ... all was good.

6. One of the things I really like about both the Fusion and Milan is that I really like what I see from the drivers perspective. But, the waterfall center on the dash has a really hard edge that my leg tends to rest against, and a little rounding off of that would be appreciated.

7. safety activated rear seat headrests. The comfort headrests look nice ... but, I don't think they'd do much in a rear end collision to provide any meaningful neck support to rear seat occupants. It will work fine, however, for my 8 year old ... who is probably the only one who will ever wind up riding back there.

8. A wagon version ... yeah, I like the utility of our Focus Wagon A LOT ... I wouldn't have had to look at a single other car if the Fusion / Milan were available in wagon form. While were at it ... how about a wagon with the 2.3 direct injected / turbo motor (in a slightly less manic form of tune than the hyper active Mazda Speed3 - mated to the above mentioned 6 speed manual) in the engine bay. Take that, Volkswagen Passat, Volvo V-50 and Saab 9-3 Sport Combi. I'll let you guys catch up at the next light !!!

None of these things would keep me from buying, owning and enjoying the car ... but, reconcillation of some would nicely enhance the ownership experience for me, I'm sure.

Interesting thread ... cool site.

Kevin O'

·
Registered
969 Posts
- Flashing Side markers
- A little more engine power
- Maybe a bit lower seat placement for the moonroof problem
- Std. Traction Control
- Bigger Center Console for a bit more usage
- Lower the turn signal
- Rear dome light
- Add the cup holders in the doors for rear passengers like the 500 (very nicely done)

·
Registered
139 Posts
1, Blinkers on side mirrors

2, HID or atleast halogen projectors

3, HUD, for the AWD, show power splits on the windshield

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interior Convenience Lighting Package which includes lights in the glove compartment and placed around the interior to light all the dark places.

Under-hood light. Also a trunk light and better trimming in the trunk area.

Manumatic shift gate for the six-speed auto off of the main gate, a la the Lincoln LS.

A proper six-speed manual for the V6. If you're serious about taking on Honda, remember that the Accord offers this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts