FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2012 Fusion. Within two hours of driving it, all the warnings lights come on the dash. I ran a Carfax report. I discovered it had only 1 owner who had regular maintenance services done from the same dealer it was purchased from over these last 8 years.
According to the Carfax report, on Oct 25th the last entry said Electric System Checked. 3 days later it was for sale at a Chevy dealer. And I discovered a manager at the Chevy dealer has the same last name as the small dealership I purchased the car from.
So I’m assuming there was an electrical issue that was too costly to fix. So it was traded in at another dealership (the Chevy one).
Will the original Ford dealership tell me what the diagnosis was for the Electric System Check that they performed for a previous customer, 4 months ago?

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
I bought a used 2012 Fusion. Within two hours of driving it, all the warnings lights come on the dash. I ran a Carfax report. I discovered it had only 1 owner who had regular maintenance services done from the same dealer it was purchased from over these last 8 years.
According to the Carfax report, on Oct 25th the last entry said Electric System Checked. 3 days later it was for sale at a Chevy dealer. And I discovered a manager at the Chevy dealer has the same last name as the small dealership I purchased the car from.
So I’m assuming there was an electrical issue that was too costly to fix. So it was traded in at another dealership (the Chevy one).
Will the original Ford dealership tell me what the diagnosis was for the Electric System Check that they performed for a previous customer, 4 months ago?

Hi Jen. Any Ford/Lincoln Dealership can run an OASIS report and tell you the service history of a Ford/Lincoln vehicle (services performed by Ford/Lincoln Dealerships).

However, like anything, it is a courtesy they can perform at their discretion. Some will do it happily. Some may charge a small fee for the service. A few may not want to be bothered. Therefore, the best way to find out if a particular Dealership will do that for you is to stop by the Service Department and ask. I find stopping by to always be better than calling.

Honestly though, this car will probably be nothing but problems for you. I would recommend returning the car to the Dealership where you purchased it, for a refund.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts