FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my puddle lamp bulbs, but I can't figure out how to access the assembly. The logical way of entry, the clear lens cover, appears to be glued closed and there is no notch to pry it off. The manual mentions how to replace the bulbs for every light on the car except the puddle lamps. I'm guessing because this is something that requires more than just popping out a lens, i.e: disassembling the mirror housing. I have found another topic on FFC.com but the last entry is someone asking if anyone knows how to access the assembly http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=78762.msg1667100#msg1667100. If anyone has any idea, please reply. :?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The illustration Cisco provided me with allowed me to change out the bulbs and put some super Flux White LEDs in there. I've still got to get some good shots and post a DIY here. It's coming sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
151 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=93236.msg1820047#msg1820047 date=1193769753]
I emailed you some illustrations hope they help.

cisco
[/quote]would you be able to email me pics to change out these bulbs also? Thanks

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Since I don't have puddle lamps (although I don't see a use for them), I will add that as a project on my to-do list just because it looks pretty. :) I have seen many aftermarket lense or bulbs that would look nice there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
[quote author=fhartell link=topic=93236.msg2365226#msg2365226 date=1212595113]
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=93236.msg1820047#msg1820047 date=1193769753]
I emailed you some illustrations hope they help.

cisco
[/quote]would you be able to email me pics to change out these bulbs also? Thanks
[/quote]

PM me an email address and I will.

cisco

·
Registered
215 Posts
No need to take the mirrors out. Just point them in and down. Use a long screwdriver to push in the outer tab of the lamp lens and it will fall out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
interesting, but have a ? (also relates to the front side markers). either i got jipped, or my sel never came with a manual (pps 64-66) that explains how to replace the bulbs in headlights, hence no information as to how to access sockets (ie, remove air filter housing and radiator fill if memory serves me correctly from the 4 pages of side marker posts). so was wondering how to get the information other than buying a book from helms. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
151 Posts
[quote author=kiddoc link=topic=93236.msg2426837#msg2426837 date=1214703198]
interesting, but have a ? (also relates to the front side markers). either i got jipped, or my sel never came with a manual (pps 64-66) that explains how to replace the bulbs in headlights, hence no information as to how to access sockets (ie, remove air filter housing and radiator fill if memory serves me correctly from the 4 pages of side marker posts). so was wondering how to get the information other than buying a book from helms. any help would be appreciated
[/quote]
In the wheel wells there are access covers to get to all the lights. You need to remove them w/ a stubby philips.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=kiddoc link=topic=93236.msg2426837#msg2426837 date=1214703198]
[/quote]

Hi kiddoc. :wavey: Not sure if I understand you correctly. The directions for replacing the headlight bulbs, etc are in the Owners Manual. Are you saying you did not receive an Owners Manual when you purchased the car?

Did you purchase new or used? If you purchased new, you certainly should have received an Owners Manual. If you did not receive one, speak to the Dealer about getting your copy.

If you purchased used, you can ask the Dealer to supply a copy to you. In the mean time, you can download a PDF version here: www.fleet.ford.com/ Hover your cursor over "Maintenance" in the blue bar towards the top. Then click on "Owners Manuals". Fill in the drop down boxes with your cars information and download a copy of your Manual.

The directions for headlight and most other bulb replacement are in the Manual.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Can LED lights fit in the puddle lamps?

·
Registered
65 Posts
thanks bbf2350. it was a new car and up until trying to do light mods, never noticed that i never got the manual, just tire warranty, service schedule, and a manual that goes over general pointers about the car but nothing about changing bulbs (looked at page 64, etc). i'll take a look this weekend and finish off the front markers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts