FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am for sure going to replace my radiator soon before the winter kicks in, and I was wondering about everyone's thoughts and ideas about what kind they have and etc. Thanks in advanced.:smiler::smiler:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi; Is it safe to assume that the reason for the replacement is that there is a problem with the radiator?
Or are you trying to do, something like a performance upgrade?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, after changing my oil on Friday, I noticed that the block piece that holds the whole assembly in was broke. So, I am just looking for either a replacement or something performance wise.

·
Registered
121 Posts
^ Agreed. No sense replacing the wrong part. If it was one of the tabs on the radiator end cap then you might have to replace it, but I might be inclined to try using some epoxy on it first.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Agreed. No sense replacing the wrong part. If it was one of the tabs on the radiator end cap then you might have to replace it, but I might be inclined to try using some epoxy on it first.
Yea, I just gave it thought. But yeah it was just the block pieces that broke off and am ordering a new assembly. :smile:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
You'll be having a bit of fun...

Drain cooling system
If you have the factory engine block heater, detach the three wiring retainers
Remove the underbody splash shields
Detach the lower radiator hose
Detach the retainer on the lower radiator hose from the cooling fan motor/shroud
Detach transmission cooler tubes from the motor/shroud
Detach the wiring harness to the fan
Release two tabs and remove the fan/shroud

Detach the power steering hose retainer from the radiator
Disconnect the upper radiator hose
Detach the retainer from the radiator

Detach the radiator-to-overflow bottle hose
Detach the transmission lines to the radiator (Tightening: Torque to 22 ft-lbf)
Lift and remove the tabs from the upper support, position radiator towards engine

Remove the A/C condensor-to-radiator pin-type retainer
Squeeze the tabs and seperate the A/C condensor from the radiator.

Remove the radiator.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll be having a bit of fun...

Drain cooling system
If you have the factory engine block heater, detach the three wiring retainers
Remove the underbody splash shields
Detach the lower radiator hose
Detach the retainer on the lower radiator hose from the cooling fan motor/shroud
Detach transmission cooler tubes from the motor/shroud
Detach the wiring harness to the fan
Release two tabs and remove the fan/shroud

Detach the power steering hose retainer from the radiator
Disconnect the upper radiator hose
Detach the retainer from the radiator

Detach the radiator-to-overflow bottle hose
Detach the transmission lines to the radiator (Tightening: Torque to 22 ft-lbf)
Lift and remove the tabs from the upper support, position radiator towards engine

Remove the A/C condensor-to-radiator pin-type retainer
Squeeze the tabs and seperate the A/C condensor from the radiator.

Remove the radiator.
What the fuck...:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don't cheap out on the replacement! Compare them very carefully before you put the new one in, make sure they are the same thickness, easy to overlook.

Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will, Thanks. Waiting for the placement still, it was on backorder from the site I got it from.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the process of trying to replace my radiator on my 2011 Fusion Hybrid I can't figure out if I need to remove the entire radiator support or if I leave that on and pull the radiator out from between the engine and the radiator support

On the other cars I've done radiators on it has been much easier because you can remove a top crossmember over top of the radiator and then wiggle it out

On this Fusion it has something I've never seen before which is a radiator support that wraps all the way around the radiator and hangs from the top of the engine bay and is bolted in place by the metal bumper

At this point I have removed the bumper cover the headlights and the metal bumper and I have the radiator support loose but I can't just remove it very easily because it is what holds the three radiators in place I just can't figure out how to proceed forward on this job

·
Registered
38 Posts
The FSM only shows removing the cooling fan, and disconnecting the AC condenser where it mounts to the radiator (the steps are similar to above, but not sure where power steering comes into play...):
  1. Drain the cooling system. For additional information, refer to Cooling System Draining, Filling and Bleeding in this section.
  1. Remove the cooling fan motor and shroud. For additional information, refer to Cooling Fan Motor and Shroud in this section.
  1. Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
  1. Disconnect the radiator-to-degas bottle hose from the radiator.
  1. Disconnect the lower radiator hose from the radiator.
  1. Remove the A/C tubes retainer bolt.
  1. Remove the 2 bolts from the upper radiator support brackets and position the radiator towards the engine and remove the 2 upper radiator support bracket from the radiator.
  1. Remove the A/C condensor-to-radiator pin-type retainer.
  1. Squeeze the tabs and separate the A/C condenser from the radiator.
    • Remove the radiator.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts