FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having alot of trouble to access the bulbs on the passenger side headlight. I removed the washer fluide neck as stated in the owner's manual but there's alot of other stuff blocking the way wich I have no clue how to remove ?? Before I go and remove the headlight to change a bulb, I wanted to know if any of you guys had tips on how to acces it ... I swear I searched but the only post that was relevant showed a different model of car since the guy simply had to remove the washer fluide neck to access the bulbs.

Thanks,
Marc.

P.S: I have a 2008 V6 SEL w/SAP

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=mmm23_SEL link=topic=96116.msg1889709#msg1889709 date=1196523016]
Hi,

I'm having alot of trouble to access the bulbs on the passenger side headlight. I removed the washer fluide neck as stated in the owner's manual but there's alot of other stuff blocking the way wich I have no clue how to remove ?? Before I go and remove the headlight to change a bulb, I wanted to know if any of you guys had tips on how to acces it ... I swear I searched but the only post that was relevant showed a different model of car since the guy simply had to remove the washer fluide neck to access the bulbs.

Thanks,
Marc.

P.S: I have a 2008 V6 SEL w/SAP

[/quote]

Hi mmm23. :wavey: Are you trying to replace the low beam bulb, or the high beam bulb? You are describing the procedure to replace a high beam bulb. If you are replacing low beam bulbs, the procedure is completely different.

If you are trying to replace a low beam bulb, you need to follow the proper instructions in the Owners Manual (the low beam bulbs are accessed through panels in the wheel wells). In the online copy of the Fusion Owners Manual, the instructions for replacing low beam bulbs are on pages 62-64. High beam replacement instructions are pages 60-62.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Even changing the RHS high beam sucks with all the brake lines for the ABS in the way. Have to hold your tongue the right way and have some band-aids handy for when you scratch the crap out of your paw.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that what it is ?? They installed the brake lines for the ABS behind the headlight ??!! nice going ford ... :?

I'm not sure what's high beam or low beam but what I wanted to replace was the H11 bulb on top of headlight. It's definately not accessible from the top and I doubt I'll have access from the wheel well since the brake lines will also cause obstruction ... Is there any members that have abs and were able to replace the bulbs on the passenger side headlight and if so, how ??

Thanks for the replies and I'll try to figure it out ...
Marc.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=mmm23_SEL link=topic=96116.msg1889816#msg1889816 date=1196529294]
Is that what it is ?? They installed the brake lines for the ABS behind the headlight ??!! nice going ford ... :?

I'm not sure what's high beam or low beam but what I wanted to replace was the H11 bulb on top of headlight. It's definately not accessible from the top and I doubt I'll have access from the wheel well since the brake lines will also cause obstruction ... Is there any members that have abs and were able to replace the bulbs on the passenger side headlight and if so, how ??

Thanks for the replies and I'll try to figure it out ...
Marc.
[/quote]

Hello again mmm23. :wavey: If you are trying to replace a top bulb (H11), that is a low beam bulb.

Access to those bulbs is through the wheel well. Read the instructions in your Owners Manual, it is not that hard.

Again, the instructions in the online Owners Manual for low beam bulb replacement are on pages 62-64, so hopefully they are on the same page in your written manual. These include steps to follow for cars with ABS. I have changed that bulb on my neighbors Fusion (which has ABS), following the Manual instructions.

There is no secret that anyone of us will have to changing the bulb, it is clearly explained by the instructions in the Owners Manual.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
They definately could have added a couple of inches of wire, which would make it a bit easier. I've always changed mine through the wheel well with the wheels turned to the left. The brake lines will be out of your way to do the H11's, the H7's unfortunately are from the top and they're a p.i.t.a. too. Good luck. Just one question, what kind of bulbs are you installing? P.S. I can't remember for sure, but if you take off the plastic under the car, as if you were changing fog light bulbs, can you see the low beam socket?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
When I did the turn signal mod, the dude that helped me ended up removing the coolant reservoir. It actually didn't seem like it was held in with much.....

The wheel well access doors seem like a good idea. I stuck my hand in there and there really didn't seem to be a whole lot of excess space for maneuvering. I can see how it would be just enough to pull the bulb, replace it, and put it back.

·
Registered
356 Posts
ok, before i go and start something with the car i want to understand correctly. the bulb is covered by a rubber cover etc.. where are the wires to the bulbs? i can't really see to much and i have not tried to remove the little cover yet. i want to make sure i am going to do this correctly as the supplier of the bulbs requires me to cut and splice the connector to use the high wattage bulbs. any one who has replaced there headlight bulbs please chime in or PM with any details.. thanks everyone...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Are you installing a heavy duty harness? I probably wouldn't go with too high of a wattage, just because I'd be scared of melting the lens, or having the "chrome" peel off. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
yea i was going to install a heavy duty connector for the bulbs but i was also worried about what you said. the lens etc... no i am not sure what to install. sylvania said there ultra's won't be available until later this year for the H11. might just have to use PIAA for that. thanks kevjur

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I was using the PIAA extreme whites for awhile (still using the PIAA H7's in the high beams). I have also tried the H9 mod (using Narva bulbs). I am now using Luminics ultra-whites for the low beams and fog lights, not because they're better than the others,I just like the color, a bit of a bluish tint at certain angles. I also bought a set of Nokya arctic whites, but haven't had the balls to try them yet. The Luminics bulbs have been pretty good, considering they're only $24 a pair, I haven't had one burn out yet, and that's on a Canadian car with DRL's. Keep us posted on what you decide, and what your opinions are. You didn't want to go with HID's?

·
Registered
356 Posts
HID's were a thought. the only real thing i see as a problem is the fact we have a reflector style headlight system and HID's were really made to work in a projector setup. that's not to say they won't work and maybe well. i just feel the cutoff and beam pattern are not as good as could be. where can i find more info about the luminics bulbs? thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
do you any pics of the beam on a solid object, wall etc.. and also any pics from the inside looking out to see how it shows up on the road? thanks

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
No. sorry I don't. My car is in storage right now, so I can't even take any. The only ones I've got are these, with the Piaa extreme whites and stock. The pic on the top are the Piaa's. (They really aren't purple)

·
Registered
356 Posts
the web site has some good bulbs and pics, one of a new ti white and the pic is of a fusion headlight. going to be watching this web site to see when they are back in stock. also going to be using www.hoen-usa.com their Höen xenonmatch foglight bulbs and Höen License Plate Bulbs. thanks kevjur

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
I'm curious why you'd stop using the PIAA? I found this thread in a search because I wanted to make sure the bulbs weren't too much of a PITA before I dropped 70 bucks on a set of headlights. I'd also like to know what Sylvania meant by later this year. I was devastated when I found out they didn't have them!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=96116.msg2311344#msg2311344 date=1210720451]
I'm curious why you'd stop using the PIAA? I found this thread in a search because I wanted to make sure the bulbs weren't too much of a PITA before I dropped 70 bucks on a set of headlights. I'd also like to know what Sylvania meant by later this year. I was devastated when I found out they didn't have them!
[/quote]I was hoping they would have lit up the road better. They're a hell of a lot better than stock, but I was still looking for something to give some more distance. I honestly can't tell much of a difference in light output with the Piaa's compared to $25 Luminics ultra whites. ( I actually prefer the color of the Luminics.) :) Here's a couple pics. of the Luminics ultra white bulbs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts