FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Sport owner here...what's the trick on how to remove the chrome sill piece along the bottom of the windows? I removed the torx screw on the inside of the door, but the sill piece wouldn't budge.

also can they be removed without breaking them so I could resell them to someone else?

I'd like to install the black sill pieces from the Fusion S model, which I still need to order.

Thanks for any advice you can give...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
well I ordered the black ones and was able to figure out how to swap them out.

basically you roll the windows down, remove the T-20 screw on the inside of the door jamb that help holds on the exterior sill trim, and then it takes a lot of force to pull up on the trim pieces and they will come out. (I found an old message where someone said to slide them out a few inches and then pull up on them, but mine wouldn't slide/budge at all)

Looks much better on my black on black Sport model. Would look even better if they were shiny black plastic/metal like the chrome ones, however they are just basic black rubber and not painted.

I'm not sure what I will do with my chrome sill pieces, but you can PM me if interested in them.

Here's a quick dirty picture of my car with the new black sills installed (the flash makes them stand out more than they actually look):
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/album.php?albumid=318&pictureid=829

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
keep in mind they are fresh out of the package. They need washed and i could even apply some dressing on them to shine them up. I had some F150 trucks with glossy pillars and the window trim is black rubber just like these.

here's a used black Fusion S, I don't think they don't look too bad on it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MARYLAND-INSPECTED-WARRANTY-INCLUDED-/290855835554?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b85bd7a2

I didn't want to try to paint the chrome ones. another "cheap" option would have been to try some blackout tape. I could even try some tape such as black-chrome tape on these black rubber sills and see it if sticks.

next up is some window tint but I don't like dark tint anymore, so I'm only going 40-50% on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just cleaned them up and applied some dressing on them and they look much better than the picture I first posted.

Still deciding on tint...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old post. I was thinking of swapping out the chrome sills on my fusion. When you say you pulled up on the trim to remove it did you pull up towards the sky or outwards away from the car? where they damaged in any way?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts